On this week’s show, we are speaking with the founder of Bulletproof, Dave Asprey. He is the creator of the hugely popular, Bulletproof Coffee.
Dave’s book, The Bulletproof Diet, is a New York Times bestseller. He is the host of the hit podcast, Bulletproof Radio. This past summer, Dave opened the first Bulletproof Coffee Shop and Cafe in Santa Monica, California.
Dave has spent the last 20 years and over $300,000 to hack his own body. He transformed his life, losing 100 pounds, gaining over 20 IQ points, and he perfected getting more efficient sleep in less hours. Dave Asprey is a true biohacker.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Dave’s morning routine
- Waking up early doesn’t make you a better person
- How to make Bulletproof Coffee
- The difference between Brain Octane Oil and MCT oil
- Feeling nauseous on Brain Octane? Here’s why…
- Hacking ketosis with Bulletproof Coffee (Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting)
- Intermittent fasting vs. Bulletproof intermittent fasting
- Carbs in the morning set you up for food cravings all day long
- Eating carbs later in the day can help you sleep better
- Brown rice contains 80x more arsenic compared to white
- Grass-fed, unsalted butter is a healthy source of saturated fat
- Consuming grass-fed beef is more ethical than you think
- Why adding butter to your coffee is better than milk
- Following a healthy lifestyle and can’t lose weight? Mold may be the problem
- Up to 70% of our homes have mold problems
- How to test your home for mold toxicity
- Keep your adrenals healthy with sea salt in the morning
- Bulletproof Coffee: Can you have too much? Is it good for kids?
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Dave Asprey – Bulletproof website
Follow Dave Asprey on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dave Asprey – Bulletproof Radio
Dave Asprey – Moldy (documentary)
Bulletproof Biohacking Conference
Bulletproof Coffee Shop (Santa Monica, California)
Sleep Cycle app
Brain Octane Oil
Gary Taubes (books)
Bulletproof Diet Roadmap (downloadable PDF)
David Wolfe – The Longevity Now Conference
014: David Wolfe – Colours Are The Key To Your Health, Drink The Best Water Ever, Get Energized Without Stimulants
126: Jimmy Moore – The Ketogenic Diet & The Health Benefits Of Being In Ketosis • Fasting 101
244: Dr. Will Cole – Plant-Based Keto Diet • Women & Ketosis • Fats For Brain Health
120: Dr. Terry Wahls – How To Fuel Your Mitochondria • Organ Meats For Beginners • MCT Oil And Exogenous Ketones
249: Dr. Anthony Gustin – The Carnivore Diet • Setting & Tracking Goals • Breaking Down Keto
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.