JJ Virgin is a celebrity nutrition and fitness expert who teaches clients how to lose weight and master their mindset so they can lead bigger, better lives.
She is author of 4 New York Times bestsellers including The Virgin Diet and JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet – the latter is the focus of our previous interview with JJ.
JJ’s memoir, Miracle Mindset explores the powerful lessons in strength and positivity that she learned after her son Grant was the victim of a brutal hit-and-run accident – this is the focus of today’s show.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The hit-and-run accident that nearly took her son’s life
- You become like the 5 people you spend the most time with
- How to support a friend/family member who’s going through a challenging time
- Build confidence through contribution
- When you ask for help, you’re not taking something from someone
- Practicing extreme self-care
- What’s had the biggest impact on her son’s healing?
- Gratitude and looking at what went well each day
- Living in the gap and how to stay out of it
- Post traumatic stress disorder vs. post traumatic growth
- Don’t get stuck focusing on the “what ifs”
- If you’re anxious or depressed then your not in the present moment
- Forgiveness is an active process
- Blow up someones phone with loving text messages
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
CoreChair <== 15% off your CoreChair purchase by using the code tuhpcc at checkout (free shipping in North America)
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)
JJ Virgin – Miracle Mindset (book)
You Are Stronger Than You Think (watch JJ’s documentary for FREE)
Follow JJ Virgin on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Listen to JJ Virgin previously on TUHP (episode #112)
JJ Virgin – The Virgin Diet (book)
JJ Virgin – The Virgin Diet Cookbook (book)
JJ Vigin’s Sugar Impact Diet (book)
JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet Cookbook (book)
JJ’s All-In-One Protein Bar (dark chocolate mocha)
Listen to Dave Asprey previously on TUHP (episode #61 & #159)
40 Years of Zen
322: Christine Hassler – Expectation Hangover, Overachieving & People Pleasing, Overcoming Depression
308: Hal Elrod – The Miracle Equation, Become Emotionally Invincible, Do Work That You Love
305: Dave Asprey – Game Changers, Practicing Gratitude & Forgiveness, Holotropic Breathing vs. Ayahuasca
296: Dr. Joe Dispenza – Becoming Supernatural, Reprogram Your Mind, Trust Your Intuition
208: Gabby Bernstein – Judgment Detox • Forgiveness As A Practice • Why We Avoid Vulnerability
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.