Jimmy Moore shed 180 pounds, shrunk his waist by 20 inches, and dropped his shirt size from 5XL to XL in a year by following the Atkins diet.
He is now following a ketogenic diet and is dedicated to helping as many people as possible find the information they need to make healthy lifestyle changes.
Jimmy spreads his message though a number of podcasts he hosts/cohosts, his blog, and his YouTube videos. He has a new book, The Complete Guide to Fasting.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is fasting?
- The health benefits of fasting
- Intermittent fasting is exploding in the health world
- As humans, fasting is part of our history
- Jimmy’s first fasting experience
- How to exercise during a fast
- Two ways to heal insulin resistance
- Myth – fasting makes you burn muscle
- Fasting doesn’t deprive your body of nutrients
- Fasting won’t result in overeating
- Your first meal after a fast
- How fasting impacts your metabolism during and after a fast
- Who should not fast, who needs to fast, and who should do it with medical supervision?
- How to make fasting a (relatively) pleasant experience
- Jimmy’s diet evolution
- Losing 180 pounds on the Atkins diet
- Look at health gain over weight loss
- The ketogenic diet
- Your body can convert protein to sugar
- The health benefits of being in ketosis
- Exogenous ketones and mct oil
- Is ketosis right and safe for everyone?
- Saturated fat is so incredibly healthy for you
- What Jimmy currently eats in a day
- The importance of managing your stress
- What drives Jimmy Moore?
Buy KETO//OS exogenous ketones (US/Canada)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)
Follow Jimmy Moore on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Jimmy Moore – The Complete Guide to Fasting (book)
Jimmy Moore – The Ketogenic Cookbook (book)
Jimmy Moore – Keto Clarity (book)
Jimmy Moore – Cholesterol Clarity (book)
Jimmy Moore’s website – Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb
The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show With Jimmy Moore (podcast)
Low-Carb Conversations By Jimmy Moore, Jenna The Paleo PA & Friends (podcast)
Keto Talk With Jimmy Moore & The Doc (podcast)
Ask The Low-Carb Experts By Jimmy Moore (podcast)
Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil
Dr. Jason Fung (books)
Dr. Robert Atkins (books)
Dr. Dom D’Agostino
Listen to Dave Asprey previously on TUHP (episode #61)
299: Drew Manning – Complete Keto, Embracing Vulnerability As A Strength, Learn To Love Yourself
291: Dr. Joseph Mercola – KetoFast • Near-Infrared Saunas • Stop Eating Before Bed
280: Dr. Josh Axe – Keto Diet • Treating Cancer With Food • Collagen Is Essential
273: Dr. David Perlmutter – Grain Brain • Cholesterol Is Your Friend • What Is Keto Cycling?
244: Dr. Will Cole – Plant-Based Keto Diet • Women & Ketosis • Fats For Brain Health
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.