Dr. Steven Gundry (IG: @drstevengundry) is a renowned cardiologist, New York Times best-selling author of “The Plant Paradox” and medical researcher. During his 40-year career in medicine, he has performed over 10,000 heart surgeries and developed life-saving medical technology. Dr. Gundry is currently practicing medicine in California.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The truth about our genes
- What is the holobiome?
- The influence of the oral microbiome on brain health
- Explaining the microbiome & lectins
- How exercise impacts your microbiome
- The benefits of living in a Blue Zone
- A 5-minute exercise program
- HIIT vs. Crossfit
- Why long-distance running isn’t recommended
- The secrets to life Dr. Gundry learned from his great grandmother
- What happens to your brain while you’re sleeping?
- Break fast, not breakfast
- Eat vegan 5 days a week
- Dr. Gundry’s diet
- Consume a litre of olive oil a week
- Olive oil is high in polyphenols
- Oxidation & smoke point of olive oil
- Buying olive oil
- Top sources of polyphenols
- The benefits of pu’erh tea & Turkish coffee
- Why dogs are beneficial to our health
- Children who grow up with dogs are less likely to have allergies
Pique Tea <== 15% off all Pique Tea products & free shipping on orders $60 or more (US only) – use the code “ultimatehealth” at checkout
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Dr. Steven Gundry – The Longevity Paradox (book)
Dr. Steven Gundry’s websites – gundrymd.com & drgundry.com
Follow Dr. Steven Gundry on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
Dr. Steven Gundry – The Plant Paradox (book)
Dr. Steven Gundry – The Plant Paradox Quick & Easy 30-Day Plan (book)
Dr. Steven Gundry – The Plant Paradox Cookbook (book)
Dr. Steven Gundry – Dr. Gundry’s Diet Evolution (book)
The Dr. Gundry Podcast – 021: Is Your Dog The Best Medicine with Tammy Geller
Listen to Dr. Steven Gundry previously on TUHP (episode #202)
Jack Lalanne (books & products)
Listen to Dr. Dale Bredesen previously on TUHP (episode #255)
Dr. Dale Bredesen – The End of Alzheimer’s (book)
Blue Zones (Wikipedia)
Listen to Mark Sisson previously on TUHP (episode #178)
Listen to Dr. David Perlmutter previously on TUHP (episode #273)
Listen to Dr. Joseph Mercola previously on TUHP (episode #148)
Dr. Joseph Mercola (books)
Dr. Jason Fung (books)
Dr. Valter Longo – The Longevity Diet (book)
Prolon – 5 Day Fast
Gundry MD Olive Oil
Rallis – Ice Pressed Olive Oil
Listen to Dave Asprey previously on TUHP (episodes #061 & #159)
Listen to Arianna Huffington previously on TUHP (episode #107)
Follow our dog Goji (@gojisuperdog) on Instagram
267: Dr. Datis Kharrazian – Why Isn’t My Brain Working?
223: Max Lugavere – Alzheimer’s And The Ketogenic Diet • Genius Foods • Stop Skimping On Sleep
126: Jimmy Moore – The Ketogenic Diet & The Health Benefits Of Being In Ketosis • Fasting 101
120: Dr. Terry Wahls – How To Fuel Your Mitochondria • Organ Meats For Beginners • MCT Oil And Exogenous Ketones
078: Dr. Robynne Chutkan – Microbiome 101 | Stop Sanitizing Yourself Sick | Having A Dog Will Boost Your Health
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.