Cynthia Thurlow (IG: @cynthia_thurlow_) is a nurse practitioner, CEO and founder of the Everyday Wellness Project, and international speaker, with over 10 million views for her second TEDx talk on intermittent fasting.
With over 20 years experience in health and wellness, she is a globally recognized expert in intermittent fasting and nutritional health.
Today we’re discussing Cynthia’s new book, Intermittent Fasting Transformation: The 45-Day Program for Women to Lose Stubborn Weight, Improve Hormonal Health, and Slow Aging.
If you’re a woman interested in intermittent fasting, this comprehensive conversation is for you and how to go about getting the most from this practice. Men stick around, you’ll take a lot away from this too.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Debunking the myth: Intermittent fasting is unsafe for women
- What is intermittent fasting?
- The simple and slow approach to start fasting
- Are you metabolically flexible?
- Understanding what you can consume in a fasted state
- How to structure your meals after breaking a fast
- Cynthia’s typical day of fasting + what she eats
- Will adding sugar substitutes to bitter drinks break a fast?
- The fasting benefits of spermidine and berberine
- What is autophagy?
- High intensity interval training (HIIT) can upregulate autophagy
- The benefits of C8 MCT oil + how to incorporate it into your diet
- How to use detox binders while fasting
- Cynthia’s transition into health, wellness, and fasting
- What age does perimenopause start + common symptoms
- How to approach fasting as a woman going through perimenopause
- Fasting in menopause
- Why stress management is important
- The many health benefits of intermittent fasting
- The benefits of intermittent fasting & weight training
- The best snack recommendations (if needed)
- The differences between intermittent fasting for men vs women
Just Thrive <== 15% off all Just Thrive products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
NutriSense <== $30 off your NutriSense CGM Program by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
BiOptimizers <== 10% off BiOptimizers’ Magnesium Breakthrough by using the code ultimatehealth10 at checkout
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Cynthia Thurlow – Intermittent Fasting Transformation (book)
Cynthia Thurlow’s website
Follow Cynthia Thurlow on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
Everyday Wellness Podcast with Cynthia Thurlow
Oura Ring <== Buy the Oura Ring Generation 3 and get 6 free months of Oura membership
Dave Asprey (books)
Listen to Dave Asprey previously on TUHP (episodes #061, #159, #305, and #389)
Robyn O’Brien – The Unhealthy Truth (book)
Cynthia Thurlow’s TEDx Talk – Intermittent Fasting: Transformational Technique
Dr. Gabrielle Lyon
Dr. Jason Fung (books)
Listen to Dr. Jason Fung previously on TUHP (episodes #369 and #380)
A New Take On the Keto Diet With More Benefits & No Deprivation | Dr. Steven Gundry (#461)
The Secret to Balancing Your Hormones & Burning Body Fat | Dr. Sara Gottfried (#453)
Dr. Amy Shah Shares a Proven Plan to Boost Your Energy Today! (#431)
Dr. Will Cole on Intuitive Fasting to Recharge Your Metabolism and Renew Your Health (#393)
311: Leanne Vogel – Keto For Women, Loving Your Body, Sailing Through Life
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.