Jordan Younger is the blogger behind the realness-based wellness and lifestyle blog, The Balanced Blonde. She is also the creator of health-inspired conscious clothing line TBB Apparel and author of the finding-balance memoir, Breaking Vegan.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The origin story of The Blonde Vegan
- How Jordan found out she had an eating disorder
- Going from The Blonde Vegan to The Balanced Blonde
- Why did Jordan go vegan in the first place?
- Becoming addicted to a liquid diet
- What is orthorexia?
- Orthorexia vs. anorexia
- The difference between being orthorexic and being passionate about health
- Getting help for an eating disorder
- Living from a place of authenticity
- Connecting to your body through your breath
- Do away with labelling your diet
- How Jordan winds down at the end of the day/her evening routine
- Acquiring “thebalancedblonde” Instagram account
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)
Jordan Younger – Breaking Vegan (book)
Jordan Younger’s website (The Balanced Blonde)
Follow Jordan Younger on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Listen to Jordan’s podcast – The Balanced Blonde Podcast // Soul On Fire
Jordan Younger – Soul On Fire (Yoga E-Book)
Listen to Dave Asprey previously on TUHP (episode #159 & #61)
Lauryn Evarts – The Skinny Confidential
311: Leanne Vogel – Keto For Women, Loving Your Body, Sailing Through Life
292: Chalene Johnson – 131 Method • Family Comes First • Stop The Food Rules
284: Darya Rose – Foodist • Break Away From Dieting • Shop In Season
174: Leanne Vogel – Get Fat-Adapted • What’s A Carb Up? • Vegans Can Go Keto, Too
125: Robyn Youkilis – Next Level Chewing, Breathing, & Pooping
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.