Dr. Will Cole (IG: @drwillcole) is a functional medicine practitioner with a doctorate of chiropractic from Southern California University of Health Sciences. He is a health writer for international publications such as mindbodygreen and lectures nationally.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Eating low-fat vegan
- Carbs are not an efficient fuel
- What’s fuels inflammation in the body?
- Chronic inflammation is the commonality between just about every chronic health problem
- Assessing inflammation through blood tests
- How Will found his way into functional medicine
- The evolution of his diet
- Bringing the best of the plant-based and keto worlds together
- Being Ketotarian
- Ketosis 101
- Women and ketosis
- You can be a plant-based fat burner
- Will’s thoughts on white rice
- Can fermented goat and sheep dairy be part of a healthy diet?
- Should you fear nightshades?
- Using MCT oil and exogenous ketones as tools
- Keto approved snacks
- Maintaining a keto diet when dining out
- What’s the deal with saturated fats?
- The mixed meal
- Quality fats for brain health
- The gut and brain are formed from the same fetal tissue
- Intermittent fasting… a core way to increase ketosis
- Enhance autophagy with earl grey tea
- Will’s morning routine
- Creating balance
CoreChair <== Apply the code tuhpcc at checkout for your listener discount (free shipping in North America)
Switch Grocery <== 10% off all Switch Grocery products & free shipping over $149
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products and they ship worldwide (free shipping in the US)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $100
Dr. Will Cole – Ketotarian (book)*
Dr. Will Cole’s website
Follow Dr. Will Cole on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter
Keto Talk With Jimmy Moore & Dr. Will Cole (podcast)
Dr. Dale Bredesen – The End of Alzheimer’s (book)*
Listen to Dr. Joseph Mercola previously on TUHP (episode #148)
Dr. Datis Kharrazian (books)*
Listen to other TUHP keto episodes
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Share using the buttons below.