Julie Daniluk is the award-winning bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation which has helped over 100,000 people enjoy delicious, allergy-free foods that assist the body in the healing process.
She is also the author of Slimming Meals That Heal and her latest book is titled Hot Detox.
Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show, and she’s a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Inflammation and performance
- Double down on your omega-3s
- EPA “eats pain away”
- Turmeric works like a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)
- You want to have lots of bone broth in your life
- Still your mind with alternate nostril breathing
- Boost your brain with exogenous ketones
- Earn your carbs
- Beet juice is an endurance enhancer
- Milk thistle increases glutathione by 35%
- Caffeine on a daily basis can burn out your adrenals
- Green tea is rich in wonderful L-Theanine
- Stimulants vs. adaptogens
- Ladies, fall in love with Siberian ginseng
- Ashwagandha is great for thyroid health
- Make stevia taste good with lemon juice or cranberry
- Did you know?!? Honey is actually bee barf
- Getting started with intermittent fasting
- A low salt diet does not improve your high blood pressure
- Sea salt is great for your adrenal glands
- Coconut… a perfect food
- A simple way to tone your vagus nerve… gargling
- Heat shock proteins will help you live longer
Thrive Market <== Get your membership for as low as $5 a month & receive $20 in shopping credit with a 1 year membership (US only)
Kettle & Fire Bone Broth <== 20% off Kettle & Fire bone broth & free shipping (US only)
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Julie Daniluk – Hot Detox (book)
Julie Daniluk – Slimming Meals That Heal (book)
Julie Daniluk – Meals That Heal Inflammation (book)
Follow Julie on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Listen to Julie previously on TUHP (episode #136, #71, and #22)
Listen to Dr. Dom D’Agostino previously on TUHP (episode #133)
Perfect Keto <== 20% off Perfect Keto products and they ship worldwide (free shipping in the US)
Evergreen Brick Works (Toronto)
Redmond Real Salt
Marni Wasserman – Fermenting For Dummies (book)
Marni Wasserman – A Real Treat (book)
Julie’s Coco Loco Workout Shake
3 cups warm or cold water
1 cup full fat coconut milk
1-2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp sunflower lecithin powder
3 tbsp collagen powder
Pinch sea salt
Use raw honey or dates, to taste or if you follow a low carb or keto lifestyle enjoy a non-calorie sweetener i.e. monk fruit powder, stevia to taste. You can reduce the sweetener or omit if using the sweetened ketones or inositol powder below
Blend well in blender until smooth. Makes 2 shakes.
317: Dr. Will Cole – The Inflammation Spectrum, Managing Anxiety, Homeschooling
267: Dr. Datis Kharrazian – Why Isn’t My Brain Working?
241: Dr. Aviva Romm – The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution • Permission To Pause • Embracing Adaptogens
225: Focus Friday – Understanding Adaptogens
113: Joy Coelho & Jay Denman – JingSlingers • Tonic Herbs vs Adaptogens • The Ultimate Sleep Inducing Elixir
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.