Are you mindful of how much waste you are producing?
We’ve been pretty good about our consumption and how we manage our waste. But… after our recent interview with Sarah Wilson, we realized we had some serious room for improvement.
This week we’re discussing how we currently manage our waste and strategies we plan on implementing in the near future.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Composting solutions
- Making bone broth with veggie scraps
- Food storage in glass
- Reusing bags by washing them out
- Using up every last scrap in the fridge before travelling
- Storing produce properly to extend its life
- Gifting packaged food to friends and family before they expire
- Reusing eco parchment paper
- Bringing a reusable cup to the coffee shop
- Condense garbages to save on bags
- Use what you already have when wrapping gifts
- Find bulk soap and shampoo
- Using cloth napkins
- Being mindful of online and offline purchasing
Listen to our recent zero waste cooking interview with Sarah Wilson (episode #268)
Sarah Wilson – Simplicious Flow (book)
GreenerBins Composting Co. (Windsor-Essex)
Carina Organics (organic hair and skin care solutions)
072: Dr. Kellyann Petrucci – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Bone Broth | Foods For Glowing Skin
180: Julie Daniluk – Performance Enhancement • Your Adrenals Love Sea Salt • Stimulants vs. Adaptogens
009: Anthony Anderson – Creating A Life Of Paradise
034: Frank Giglio – ReWild Your Life | Eat Local & Thrive | Deep Nutrition With Fermented Foods
089: Dr. Josh Axe – Eat Dirt • Leaky Gut Is The Root Cause Of All Disease • Soil-Based Organisms
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.