Dr. Dom D’Agostino serves as an assistant professor at the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine and the Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology. His research interests are in neuropharmacology, medical biochemistry, cell metabolism, and signaling. Dom is a pioneering developer of ketone esters and ketone salts.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Dom’s early experiences with the ketogenic diet and exogenous ketones
- What is the ketogenic diet?
- The ketogenic diet provides anti-seizure effects in people with epilepsy
- The modified Atkins diet
- Too much protein will keep you out of ketosis
- Dom’s dietary sources of fat
- MCT oil, ketone mineral salts, and ketone esters
- Ketone bodies… beta-hydroxybutyrate & acetoacetate
- Exogenous ketones and glucose in the body, together… a new phenomenon
- Babies are born obese and in ketosis
- Athletes get into ketosis, all the time
- Ketogenic intermittent fasting
- Ketosis vs. diabetic ketoacidosis
- Alcoholic ketoacidosis
- Type 1 diabetics might require less insulin when on a modified Atkins diet
- The impact of exogenous ketones on the kidneys and liver
- Exogenous ketones have been shown to reduce anxiety behaviour in rats
- Two things Dom does every morning
- Making space for creative down time
Pruvit – KETO//OS exogenous ketones
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Follow TUHP on Instagram
Join our Facebook Community
Dr. Dom D’Agostino’s website – KetoNutrition
Follow Dr. Dom D’Agostino on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
NOW MCT Oil
Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil (MCT Oil)
Parrillo MCT Oil
Robb Wolf – The Paleo Solution (book)
Ketogenic Diet Resource
Keith Runyan, M.D. & Ellen Davis, M.S. – The Ketogenic Diet For Type 1 Diabetes (book)
Exogenous Ketone Supplements Reduce Anxiety-Related Behavior in Sprague-Dawley and Wistar Albino Glaxo/Rijswijk Rats (research article)
Jeff Volek – The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance (book)
Thomas Seyfried – Cancer as a Metabolic Disease (book)
Dr. Eric Kossoff, M.D (books)
Dr. John Freeman (books)
Dr. Stephen Phinney (books)
299: Drew Manning – Complete Keto, Embracing Vulnerability As A Strength, Learn To Love Yourself
280: Dr. Josh Axe – Keto Diet • Treating Cancer With Food • Collagen Is Essential
223: Max Lugavere – Alzheimer’s And The Ketogenic Diet • Genius Foods • Stop Skimping On Sleep
178: Mark Sisson – Ketosis Curbs Hunger • The Healthiest Oil • Reboot Your Metabolism
145: Robb Wolf – You Can’t Cheat On Your Diet • Wired To Eat • Is The Paleo Diet Right For Everyone?
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.