Dr. Will Cole (IG: @drwillcole) is a leading functional medicine expert that consults people around the world via webcam and locally in Pittsburgh. He specializes in clinically investigating the underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing health programs for various health conditions.
Dr. Cole was named one of the top 50 functional medicine and integrative doctors in the nation and is a health expert and course instructor for a couple of the world’s largest wellness brands, mindbodygreen and goop.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Managing anxiety through functional medicine
- Inflammation is linked to anxiety, depression & cognitive issues
- Self-care protocols to help manage anxiety
- Weighted blankets help reduce anxiety
- Magnesium is nature’s chill pill
- Healthy plant fats help to calm inflammation
- Stabilize your blood sugar, stabilize your moods
- Adaptogens can help calm your mind
- Therapeutic benefits of holy basil or tulsi
- Deeper conversations & transformations at goopFellas
- Why a good support system is key to not burning out
- Will shares lessons he learned from being a Dad
- Will’s thoughts on homeschooling
- Inflammation impacts 7 main body systems
- The Inflammation Spectrum Quiz
- What is polyinflammation?
- Elimin8 vs. Core4
- Find out what your body loves (and hates)
- How to stay motivated on an elimination diet
- The autoimmune protocol (AIP) diet vs. Core4/Elimin8
- Egg whites can cross-react as gluten
- Are gluten-free grains causing you food reactions?
- Epigenetics have changed
- Assess and track your activity levels
- Negative thoughts can fuel inflammation
- Create balance in your life
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)
Vuori Clothing <== 20% off your first Vuori order
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Dr. Will Cole – The Inflammation Spectrum (book)
Dr. Will Cole’s website
Follow Dr. Will Cole on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Will Cole – Ketotarian (book)
Listen to Dr. Will Cole previously on TUHP (episode #244)
Agent Nateur + Dr. Will Cole – holi(youth) the oceanic adaptogen
The goopFellas Podcast
Keto Talk with Jimmy Moore & Dr. Will Cole (podcast)
goop – A modern lifestyle brand
Seamus Mullen (books)
Alejandro Junger (books)
Gwyneth Paltrow (books)
Dr. Frank Lipman (books)
Listen to Dr. Frank Lipman previously on TUHP (episode #129)
Listen to Jimmy Moore previously on TUHP (episode #126)
Terry Real (books)
Lewis Howes (books)
Listen to Lewis Howes previously on TUHP (episode #065)
Primal Kitchen – Ketchup
Primal Kitchen – Classic BBQ Sauce
Primal Kitchen – Macadamia Sea Salt Bar
294: Dr. Sara Gottfried – Brain Body Diet, Start To Surrender, Reset With Intermittent Fasting
289: Dr. David Perlmutter – Brain Maker • Reconnecting With Nature • Exercise Impacts The Microbiome
283: Katie Wells aka Wellness Mama – Maintaining A Healthy Family, Home & Business
232: Sarah Wilson – Normalizing Anxiety • The Impact Of Gratitude On Your Brain • Just Walk
220: Sarah Ballantyne – Paleo Is Almost A Plant-Based Diet • Prioritize Sleep • AIP 101
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.