Joy Coelho is a veteran police officer who has elevated her health by cleverly blending her experience and focused study in the science of superfoods, anti-aging and the culinary arts.
Jay Denman has extensively studied and practiced in the fields of yoga, self-development and human potential for the last 15 years. Over the last decade, Jay has passionately immersed himself in the fields of cutting edge nutrition, tonic herbalism and human physiology.
Together they educate, illuminate and elevate their students and clients, with cutting edge science and the ancient wisdom of superfoods and superherbs, teaching people how to “sling jing” in the heart of their own homes, their kitchen.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is jing?
- The Three Treasures in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Tonic herbs vs adaptogens… are they the same thing?
- How to start incorporating herbs into your healthy routine
- Superherbs for the beginner
- Pearl will make your skin glow
- Ditch the raw maca and stick with gelatinized
- Superfoods vs superherbs
- Making ghee more palatable (for Jesse)
- Can stimulants such as coffee and yerba mate be part of your healthy routine?
- The ultimate sleep inducing elixir
- L-Thenanine is the perfect compliment to your nighttime routine
- Health beyond your plate
- The best healthy sweeteners
- Stevia, the Amazonian tonic herb
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Joy Coelho & Jay Denman’s JingSlingers website
Joy Coelho & Jay Denman – Food With Benefits (book)*
David Wolf previously on TUHP (episode #14)
Dr. David Jubb
Dragon Herbs – Spring Dragon Longevity Tea*
Bulletproof – Brain Octane Oil*
Ancient Organics – Ghee*
Jing Herbs – Restore The Jing
Jing Herbs – Peaceful Spirit
Jing Herbs – Bupleurum & Dragon Bone
City Pickers – Patio Raised Garden Bed Kit*
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.