Aviva Romm (IG: @avivaromm) is a Yale-trained MD, a midwife, herbalist, speaker and author dedicated to optimal health for women and children. She’s bridged the best of traditional medicine with good science for over three decades. Today we focus on her latest book, The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Living as if poverty was a step away
- We’re primitively hardwired to recognize danger
- Thanking your irritating thoughts and fears
- Growing up in a housing project in NYC
- Aviva Romm… midwife, herbalist, & MD
- Going to medical school as a Mom with an alternative way of thinking
- Most autoimmune conditions are anywhere from 7-9 times higher in women than in men
- Exposome science
- Food can switch genes on and off
- Permission to pause
- The things we can do for ourselves are so powerful, simple, and within in our hands
- Treating relaxation like hydrating
- Adaptogens help us adapt to stress
- Don’t use adaptogens as a substitute for self-care & rest
- How to incorporate herbs/adaptogens as a beginner
- Bring some herbs into your kitchen
Thrive Market <== Get your membership for as low as $5 a month & receive $20 in shopping credit with a 1 year membership (US only)
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Dr. Aviva Romm – The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution (book)
Dr. Aviva Romm’s website
Follow Dr. Aviva Romm on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Aviva Romm (books)
Natural MD Radio: Adaptogens & Burnout – A Good Combination? (Aviva’s podcast)
Adaptogens for Healing Burnout: Which Work Best? (Aviva’s blog)
Adaptogens: Ancient Medicine for 21st Century Stress (Aviva’s blog)
6 Doctor-Proven Natural Tips You Can Use to Prevent Flu…Now (Aviva’s blog)
Dr. Tieraona Low Dog
Dr. Tori Hudson – Women’s Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine (book)
Download our BRAND NEW TUHP iOS app (FREE)!
294: Dr. Sara Gottfried – Brain Body Diet, Start To Surrender, Reset With Intermittent Fasting
285: Dr. Izabella Wentz – Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology • Thyroid Testing • Stress, Trauma & Autoimmune Conditions
180: Julie Daniluk – Performance Enhancement • Your Adrenals Love Sea Salt • Stimulants vs. Adaptogens
113: Joy Coelho & Jay Denman – JingSlingers • Tonic Herbs vs Adaptogens • The Ultimate Sleep Inducing Elixir
063: Tana Amen – Supplements For Brain Health | Coffee & Wine Aren’t Health Foods | Is Your Autoimmune Issue Linked To Your Lifestyle?
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.