Dr. Datis Kharrazian (@DrKharrazian) is a clinical research scientist, academic professor, and a functional medicine health care provider. He specializes in developing evidence-based models to treat autoimmune, neurological, and unidentified chronic diseases with non-pharmaceutical applications such as diet, nutrition, and lifestyle medicine.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The impact of stress on your brain
- Chronic elevated cortisol is associated with dementia
- Exercise improves circulation and brain function
- Supplements that help boost circulation
- Elevated insulin levels cause brain inflammation
- What is an insulin surge?
- Gluten and brain inflammation
- What leads to gluten ataxia?
- The connection between gluten and leaky gut
- Zonulin and the blood-brain barrier
- Do you have a leaky brain?
- The GABA challenge
- The microbiome diversity diet
- The importance of EPA & DHA in fish oils
- Intermittent fasting the ketogenic diet
- Is your vagus nerve function impaired?
- Exercises to restore vagus nerve function
- Coffee enemas
- Brain fog = brain inflammation
- Using flavonoids to dampen brain inflammation
- Boosting serotonin
- GABA is the neurotransmitter that’s most commonly imbalanced
- Patterns of low dopamine
- What’s happening in the brain when someone is depressed?
- Hormones impact brain health
- Cholesterol is important
- The impact of your diet on microbiome diversity
- The dark side of chelation therapy
- The winning model to support your brain
Sproos <== 10% off all Sproos products & free shipping on orders over $40 (Canada only)*
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)*
Four Sigmatic <== 10% off all Four Sigmatic products & free shipping over $100
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $100
Dr. Datis Kharrazian – Why Isn’t My Brain Working? (book)
Dr. Datis Kharrazian’s website (Dr. K. News)
Follow Dr.Datis Kharrazian on Facebook and Twitter
Dr. Datis Kharrazian – Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? When My Lab Tests Are Normal (book)
Save Your Brain – The Six-Week Rescue Plan (Dr. K. News)
Listen to Dr. Kharrazian previously on TUHP (episode #256)
What you need to know about chelation, chemicals, and heavy metals when you have autoimmunity (Dr.K. News)
The Prevalence of Antibodies against Wheat and Milk Proteins in Blood Donors and Their Contribution to Neuroimmune Reactivities (NCBI)
Fluctuation of zonulin levels in blood vs stability of antibodies (NCBI)
Correlation between antibodies to bisphenol A, its target enzyme protein disulfide isomerase and antibodies to neuron-specific antigens. (NCBI)
244: Dr. Will Cole – Plant-Based Keto Diet • Women & Ketosis • Fats For Brain Health
092: Dr. Kelly Brogan – Depression, Myths & Misconceptions • Medications That Commonly Cause Psychiatric Side Effects • Gut Health Impacts Brain Health
255: Dr. Dale Bredesen – The End Of Alzheimer’s • Remove Amyloid Naturally • The Ketoflex 12/3 Diet
223: Max Lugavere – Alzheimer’s And The Ketogenic Diet • Genius Foods • Stop Skimping On Sleep
080: Josh Gitalis – Getting To The Root Of Depression & Anxiety | Protect Your Adrenals With Adaptogenic Herbs | Synthetic vs. Whole Food Supplements
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
5. Download The Ultimate Health Podcast iOS app (FREE). This way you’ll have our whole library of episodes right at your fingertips. Download our iOS app.
6. Share using the buttons below.