This week’s episode is a special one, for a couple of reasons. First of all, we got to chat with our friends Alan Smith & Julie Daniluk, always a pleasure. Secondly, we did this interview live from the Whole Life Expo in Toronto. The energy of this show is off the charts as we chat about adrenal health, coffee, gratitude, and so much more!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Dramatically increase your sports performance (oxygen utilization) with beets
- A gratitude exercise for couples, before bed
- Switch into rest and relaxation mode (parasympathetic) with pranayama breathing
- The shortcut to an easy ginger tea
- Fuelling up in the morning with savoury dishes
- A simple bone broth recipe you can easily whip up today
- When it comes to coffee, nothing can trump freshness
- The most ecological coffee on the planet
- Drink top quality coffee and you will be satisfied with less
- Experience your coffee “buzz” for twice as long by adding in some turmeric
- The overall pros and cons of coffee consumption
- Stop relying on coffee to get going in the morning
- Green tea can help you lose weight by suppressing your appetite
- Non-organic teas may be suppressing your thyroid
- You can get by without grains + substitutions for going grainless
- Julie’s abrupt introduction to meat after being a vegetarian for over a decade and a half
- How to know if you may benefit from starting to include meat back into your diet
- Your allergies may be related to adrenal burnout
- 3 ways to naturally rebuild your adrenals
- Meditate, meditate, meditate
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Julie Daniluk’s website
Follow Julie Daniluk on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Julie Daniluk (books)
Listen to Julie Daniluk previously on TUHP (episode #022)
Rise Espresso – Alan Smith’s coffee shop in Toronto
Listen to UJ Ramadas previously on TUHP (episode #062)
The Tim Ferriss show (podcast)
Merchants of Green Coffee
Sweet Maria’s Home Coffee Roasting
AOR Advanced B Complex
Listen to Shambu’s Yoga Nidra (meditation)
Whole Life Expo
180: Julie Daniluk – Performance Enhancement • Your Adrenals Love Sea Salt • Stimulants vs. Adaptogens
136: Julie Daniluk – Hot Detox • Spark Your Digestion With Herbs & Spices • We Haven’t Evolved To Eat Cold Food
217: Melissa Ambrosini – Rocking Relationships • Open Wide • Vulnerability Is Vital
061: Dave Asprey – Hacking Ketosis | Bulletproof Coffee For Kids? | Hidden Mold In Your Home
173: Focus Friday – Going Grain-Free
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.