Trimester 2 has come and gone and we’re very grateful that it went so smoothly.
Marni’s bump really popped early on this trimester and we’ve felt a ton of movement from TUB which made things feel even more real.
We cover a lot in this episode including red raspberry leaf tea, slowing down, diet & supplements, preparing for a natural home birth, pregnancy book recommendations, birth classes, and so much more.
Thanks for joining us on our baby journey!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Marni’s growing bump
- Embracing pregnancy
- Feeling the baby kick at week 20
- Moisturizing your belly, boobs, & bottom
- Increase your collagen intake with daily smoothies & elixirs
- Homemade gummies are the tastiest way to consume gelatin
- Common body changes happening throughout trimester 2
- Exercise video recommendations for trimester 2
- Yoga is very conducive to being pregnant
- The benefits of connecting with pregnant mamas in your community
- Learning through birth classes
- Pregnancy book recommendations
- Our babymoon & nesting
- Preparing the nursery for TUB
- A home visit from our doula
- Preparing for a natural home birth
- The magical moment… hearing TUB’s heartbeat
- Why you need to see a pelvic floor specialist
- Connecting with the baby through meditation
- Mama’s diet and cravings
- Marni’s Hashimoto’s antibodies are the lowest they’ve ever been
- Boosting low iron with foods & supplements
- Packing the freezer with healthy, homemade meals
- Red raspberry leaf tea
- Marni’s daily supplement regimen
- Scheduling time for dates, family & fun
- Embrace slowing down before the baby comes
- Marni’s maternity capsule wardrobe
Our baby registry at Three Lambs (if you want to buy TUB a present)
Listen to Focus Friday – The Ultimate Baby (Our 1st Trimester)
Follow @marniwasserman and @ultimatehealthpodcast on Instagram for baby TUB updates
Joyous Health – Body Butter
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Sproos <== 10% off all Sproos products & free shipping on orders over $40
Listen to Genevieve Howland aka Mama Natural previously on TUHP (episode #315)
Marni Wasserman – A Real Treat (ebook)
Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project Workouts
Glowing Mama Health & Fitness Program – Use the code “ultimatehealth15” for 15% off
Mama Natural Birth Course
Love Your Labour Program
Pam England – Birthin From Within (book)
Penny Simkin – The Birth Partner (book)
Lily Nichols – Real Food for Pregnancy (book)
Ina May Gaskin – Guide to Childbirth (book)
Ina May Gaskin – Guide to Breastfeeding (book)
John Pfeiffer – Dude, You’re Gonna Be a Dad! (book)
Genevieve Howland – The Mama Natural Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy & Childbirth (book)
Listen to Focus Friday – Minimize Your Chemical Exposure
Three Lambs Baby Boutique
Babyletto Toco Swivel Glider and Ottoman
Nuna – stroller, carseat, & play yard
Designs For Health – Ferrochel Iron Chelate
Chalice Spice – The Ultimate Baby (TUB) Tea Collection
Genevieve Howland – The Truth About Red Raspberry Leaf Tea During Pregnancy (article)
262: Jen Oliver – Core Rehab • Travelling With Young Kids • Saying Thank You
254: Sarah Ballantyne – Pregnancy And Hypothyroidism • Reintroductions On AIP • The Cruciferous Vegetable Myth
251: Dr. Sarah Buckley – Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering • Preconception Planning • The Role Of Oxytocin
206: Josh Gitalis – Support During Pregnancy • Boost Your Immunity • Testing For Heavy Metals
079: Joy McCarthy – Natural Pregnancy | Work-Life Balance As A New Mom | Should You Exercise While You’re Pregnant?
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.