On this week’s episode, we are speaking with holistic nutritionist, Joy McCarthy. Since her first appearance on the podcast, Joy’s become a new Mom to a beautiful baby girl, Vienna. We take you through the whole natural pregnancy from pre-conception to balancing work-life with a new baby.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Joy’s new baby, Vienna
- The importance of keeping your blood sugar balanced during pregnancy
- Thinking of getting pregnant? Here are some healthy resources
- A supplement you should be taking well before you get pregnant
- Food cravings during pregnancy
- Good quality fats and proteins are essential while you’re pregnant
- Should you exercise while you’re pregnant?
- Consider doing yoga throughout your pregnancy
- A natural way to curb low back pain during the birthing process
- Be patient, it’s not impossible to get a midwife
- The role of the midwife (medical support) vs. doula (emotional support)
- How men can help out during pregnancy and delivery
- Chiropractic care helped Joy’s baby with latching
- While you’re pregnant and nursing, baby eats what you eat
- How long should you breast feed?
- Listening to your body and following intuition
- To physically get back to pre-pregnancy form, ditch the sugar
- Finding work-life balance as a new Mom
- Whether it’s with your business or baby, always give 100%
Links to things we mentioned:
Habits app for iOS
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)
Joy McCarthy’s website (Joyous Health)
Joy McCarthy – Joyous Health (book)*
Joy McCarthy – Feel Joyous, Look Great After Pregnancy (and beyond) (ebook)
Joy McCarthy – Eat Well (online classes) – no longer available
Joy’s previous TUHP interview (#12)
Leanne Phillipson-webb – Sprout Right (book)
Patrick Halford – Optimum Nutrition Before, During and After Pregnancy (book)
Pam England & Rob Horowitz – Birthing from Within (book)
Toronto Yoga Mamas
Birth As We Know It (documentary)
Toronto Birth Centre
Marni’s Superfood Power Ball recipe
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.