On this week’s episode, we are speaking with holistic nutritionist, Joy McCarthy. Since her first appearance on the podcast, Joy’s become a new Mom to a beautiful baby girl, Vienna. We take you through the whole natural pregnancy from pre-conception to balancing work-life with a new baby.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Joy’s new baby, Vienna
- The importance of keeping your blood sugar balanced during pregnancy
- Thinking of getting pregnant? Here are some healthy resources
- A supplement you should be taking well before you get pregnant
- Food cravings during pregnancy
- Good quality fats and proteins are essential while you’re pregnant
- Should you exercise while you’re pregnant?
- Consider doing yoga throughout your pregnancy
- A natural way to curb low back pain during the birthing process
- Be patient, it’s not impossible to get a midwife
- The role of the midwife (medical support) vs. doula (emotional support)
- How men can help out during pregnancy and delivery
- Chiropractic care helped Joy’s baby with latching
- While you’re pregnant and nursing, baby eats what you eat
- How long should you breast feed?
- Listening to your body and following intuition
- To physically get back to pre-pregnancy form, ditch the sugar
- Finding work-life balance as a new Mom
- Whether it’s with your business or baby, always give 100%
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Joy McCarthy – Joyous Health (book)
Joy McCarthy’s website (Joyous Health)
Follow Joy McCarthy on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Joy McCarthy – Feel Joyous, Look Great After Pregnancy (and beyond) (ebook) – no longer available
Joy McCarthy – Eat Well (online classes) – no longer available
Listen to Joy McCarthy previously on TUHP (episode #012)
Leanne Phillipson-Webb – Sprout Right (book)
Patrick Halford – Optimum Nutrition Before, During and After Pregnancy (book)
Pam England & Rob Horowitz – Birthing from Within (book)
Toronto Yoga Mamas
Birth As We Know It (documentary)
Toronto Birth Centre
Habits app for iOS (*no longer available)
251: Dr. Sarah Buckley – Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering • Preconception Planning • The Role Of Oxytocin
206: Josh Gitalis – Support During Pregnancy • Boost Your Immunity • Testing For Heavy Metals
204: Meghan Telpner – A “Natural” Birth Story
288: Dr. Steven Lin – The Dental Diet • Oxygen Is The Most Crucial Nutrient • Vitamin K1 vs. K2
298: Kate Northrup – Do Less, Surrender Your Control, Yoga Nidra
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.