This week we have Meghan Telpner back on the show for round 2. She’s a nutritionista and bestselling author of UnDiet which was followed up by The UnDiet Cookbook. Meghan built The Academy of Culinary Nutrition, an online school for learning about culinary nutrition, wellbeing, and business for health professionals.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Meghan rose above all the noise in today’s crowded nutritionist world
- Evolving a brick and mortar business into the online world
- Forming a tight knit community
- There’s no such thing as competition
- Let’s stop fearing the copycats
- Nobody can “do you” better than you
- “Labels are for tin cans”
- There is no one right diet for everyone
- Having mentors in the health and wellness space
- How Meghan healed herself from Crohn’s Disease
- What to do if your partner isn’t on the same page when it comes to health living
- Health focused documentaries for newbies
- Moving away from the city and off the grid
- Kids dealing with the additional stress of social media
- A simple strategy to minimize electronic use and exposure at night
- The next step/shift in Meghan’s career
- Detoxifying your body using an infrared sauna
Sign up for The 2016 Culinary Nutrition Conference hosted by Meghan Telpner
Sign up for Meghan’s Culinary Nutrition Expert Program (CNE)
Meghan Telpner’s website
Follow Meghan Telpner on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
Meghan Telpner – The UnDiet Cookbook
Meghan Telpner – Undiet (book)
Listen to Meghan Telpner previously on TUHP (episode #025)
Nina Teicholz – The Big Fat Surprise (book)
Listen to David Wolfe previously on TUHP (episode #014)
Listen to Dr. Elson Haas previously on TUHP (episode #066)
Dr. Michael Murray (books)
Listen to Josh Gitalis previously on TUHP (episode #080 & #004)
Cedar Springs spring water
Marion Nestle (books)
Food, Inc (documentary)
Food Matters (documentary)
Hungry for Change (documentary)
That Vitamin Movie (documentary)
King Corn (documentary)
Meghan Approved Documentaries
GMO OMG (documentary)
Josh Gitalis’ Elixir
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Join TUHP Facebook group
Add us on Snapchat
204: Meghan Telpner – A “Natural” Birth Story
146: Meghan Telpner & Josh Gitalis – Create Your Ultimate Healthy Home
264: Daniel DeBaun – Understanding EMFs & How To Protect Yourself
227: Andy Couturier – The Abundance Of Less • Enjoying The Process • Thinking For Yourself
212: James Colquhoun – Food Matters • Building A Thriving Online Community • Transformation Starts In The Mind
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.