Dr. Sara Gottfried is a wife, mother, friend, scholar, seeker, yoga teacher, and Harvard-trained medical doctor with over 20 years of experience. She’s the author of the New York Times bestselling books The Hormone Cure and The Hormone Reset Diet, which are the focus of this interview. Sara also wrote the book Younger, which we dug into during of our previous chat with her.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Sara’s great grandmother Mud
- Sara was a hormonal hot mess in her 30s
- The impact of the birth control pill on your hormones
- The hormonal Charlie’s Angels
- The 3 main jobs of cortisol
- Chronic cardio (eg. running) raises your cortisol
- 90% of doctors are addicted to caffeine
- The adrenal glands are important for maintaining homeostasis
- The purpose of yoga is to still the fluctuations of the mind
- Sara’s omega-3 evolution
- Carbs are important, too
- Reset your thyroid gland by going grain-free
- Is there a connection between weight loss resistance and grains?
- 7 hormones that could be influencing your weight
- Men and women can both experience estrogen dominance
- Sara bashes paleo?!?
- What is your estrobolome?
- CAFO vs. grass-fed meat
- Menopause… prepare for it
- Chasteberry can help with PMS
- Maca is great for anxiety, depression, and low libido for women in perimenopause
- Decrease hot flashes by 43% using your breath
- Estrogen dominance tends to be at the root of endometriosis
- A single bout of strength training improves your memory
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)
Dr. Sara Gottfried – The Hormone Cure (book)
Dr. Sara Gottfried’s website
Follow Dr. Sara Gottfried on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Sara Gottfried – The Hormone Reset Diet (book)
Dr. Sara Gottfried – Younger (book)
Listen to our previous interview with Dr. Sara Gottfried (episode #144)
Dr. David Perlmutter – Grain Brain (book)
294: Dr. Sara Gottfried – Brain Body Diet, Start To Surrender, Reset With Intermittent Fasting
289: Dr. David Perlmutter – Brain Maker • Reconnecting With Nature • Exercise Impacts The Microbiome
273: Dr. David Perlmutter – Grain Brain • Cholesterol Is Your Friend • What Is Keto Cycling?
258: Samantha Gladish – Healing Hashimoto’s • Coming Off The Pill • Tracking Your Cycle
073: Dr. Christiane Northrup – Become Ageless | Heal Your Body With Words | Embrace Menopause
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.