Jessica Murnane (IG: @jessicamurnane) is an author, speaker, and creative consultant.
She has written two books – the cookbook One Part Plant: A Simple Guide To Eating Real One Meal At A Time and Know Your Endo: An Empowering Guide To Health + Hope With Endometriosis.
Jessica is a sought-after speaker and host that’s spoken at Apple, SXSW, and Wanderlust, among others.
She has contributed to or appeared in several magazines and websites including Bon Appétit, Goop, Shape Magazine, and mindbodygreen.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is endometriosis (endo)?
- Jessica’s long road to getting a diagnosis
- Bringing awareness to people suffering with endo
- The mental health aspect of dealing with a chronic illness
- Pushing through the pain
- Understanding genetic factors vs. lifestyle factors for endo
- The conventional medicine approach to endo
- Birth control pills can negatively affect mental health
- How endo impacts all aspects of life & relationships
- Tips for supporting your partner with their endo
- Dietary & lifestyle changes can reduce inflammation
- Seeing countless doctors over the years for various symptoms
- Transitioning to a plant-based diet for healing
- Feeling better physically & mentally after years of suffering
- Having an open mind to wellness practices
- Connecting joy with movement
- Foam rolling is an incredible tool for people with chronic pain
- Rebounders are great for your lymphatic system
- Your endo diet is unique to you
- How to get your family & friends to embrace your dietary changes
- Jessica’s thoughts on supplements & endo
- Using cannabis for chronic pain
- The 2 different types of surgery for endometriosis
- Mindful walking is a stress management tool
- Preparing for menopause
- Practicing self-compassion helps you calm down
- The reality of living with endo
- Endometriosis awareness is so critical
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
BiOptimizers <== Take advantage of BiOptimizers’ Magnesium Breakthrough blowout sale by using the code ultimatehealth10 at checkout
Jessica Murnane – Know Your Endo (book)
Jessica Murnane’s website
Follow Jessica Murnane on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Jessica Murnane – One Part Plant (book)
Know Your Endo (Instagram)
Dr. Karli Goldstein
Dr. Kristin Neff (books)
Dr. Amy Shah Shares a Proven Plan to Boost Your Energy Today! (#431)
359: Dr. Daniel Amen – The End Of Mental Illness
352: Jenny Sansouci – Healing With Cannabis, CBD, & Mushrooms
258: Samantha Gladish – Healing Hashimoto’s • Coming Off The Pill • Tracking Your Cycle
164: Dr. Sara Gottfried – The Hormone Cure • Prepare For Menopause • The Importance Of Carbs
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.