Samantha Gladish is a registered holistic nutritionist, weight loss coach & hormone fixer-upper. She is the founder of HolisticWellness.ca; a website dedicated to helping women lose weight and balance their hormones with delicious food. Samantha coaches and supports women from around the world on natural beauty care, holistic health and nutrition.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why Samantha focuses on weight loss and women’s hormonal health
- The foundation of nutrition that applies to everyone
- Stop snacking
- What is your water intake?
- Pay attention to your cravings
- What is PCOS?
- The link between women with PCOS and Hashimoto’s
- It’s 100% possible to reverse PCOS
- The birth control pill does not fix PCOS or PMS
- The beauty of your cycle
- The 4 phases of the menstrual cycle
- Diet & lifestyle are the biggest factors when it comes to PMS symptoms
- Stress causes hormonal chaos
- Create time for self-care
- Becoming more in-tune with our bodies
- The best option is natural family planning
- Tracking your cycle
- What is pill bleed?
- Coming off the pill
- Nourish your body with healing foods
- Samantha explains her Hashimoto’s diagnosis
- The changes Samantha made to lower her thyroid antibodies
- Hashimoto’s disease is a lifelong journey
- You need to commit to heal
- Why Samantha & Marni created the Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s program
- Flexibility on AIP (Autoimmune Protocol)
- Enjoying vitamin N – Nature
- Vitamin D is essential for Hashimoto’s and hormonal health
- Avoid junk light
- Creating day-to-day balance
- Samantha’s morning routine
- Schedule travel and time off
- The self-care checklist
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $100
Four Sigmatic <== 10% off all Four Sigmatic products & free shipping over $100
Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s (Samantha & Marni’s Online 4-week Program)
Samantha Gladish’s website
Follow Samantha Gladish on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Healthy Hormones for Women (Samantha’s podcast)
Samantha Gladish’s ebooks
Listen to Samantha Gladish previously on TUHP (episode #10)
Click here to download your FREE self-care checklist
Kindara-Fertility Awareness App
Clue: Period and Ovulation Tracker App
Blue blocking glasses*
256: Dr. Datis Kharrazian – Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? • Understanding Iodine • Vitamin D & Autoimmunity
254: Sarah Ballantyne – Pregnancy And Hypothyroidism • Reintroductions On AIP • The Cruciferous Vegetable Myth
228: Focus Friday – Healing and Dealing With Hashimoto’s
185: Focus Friday – Self-Care Checklist
119: Dr. Amy Myers – The Thyroid Connection • The Impact of Goitrogens • Hyper vs Hypothyroidism
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Share using the buttons below.