Darya Rose (IG: @daryarose) is a neuroscience PhD, author of the book Foodist, and creator of the award-winning blog Summer Tomato, which was named one of TIME’s 50 Best Websites. She spends most of her time thinking and writing about food, health and science.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Darya’s experience raising a healthy child
- Growing up in the diet culture
- Why Darya decided to stop avoiding carbs
- The life-changing transformation that inspired her blog & book
- The science behind dieting & weight gain
- Darya’s approach to breaking away from dieting
- The story behind Summer Tomato
- Options for buying produce, throughout the year
- Cost effective tips for healthy eating
- Shop in season
- Eating at home vs. dining out
- Start cooking together
- Biohacking your health needs
- The challenges of living in different U.S. states
- What Darya recommends eating
- Enjoy what you eat
- Breaking the habit loop
- Adopt a growth mindset
- The rewards of healthy habits
- How Darya inspired her Dad to change his diet
- Marathon running
- Exercise improves your metabolism
- Prioritize your self-care
- Know your core values
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Darya Rose – Foodist (book)
Darya Rose’s website (Summer Tomato)
Follow Darya Rose on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Join Darya’s Free 5-Day Mindful Meal Challenge
Charles Duhigg – The Power of Habit (book)
James Clear – Atomic Habits (book)
Oak – Meditation & Breathing (app)
283: Katie Wells aka Wellness Mama – Maintaining A Healthy Family, Home & Business
268: Sarah Wilson – Zero Waste Cooking • Minimal Consumption • Start Thinking Differently
238: Tara Mackey – WILD Habits • Natural Ways To Calm Your Anxiety • Approaching Gratitude Differently
164: Dr. Sara Gottfried – The Hormone Cure • Prepare For Menopause • The Importance Of Carbs
143: Tero Isokauppila – Medicinal Mushrooms Have The Power To Regulate Your Immunity, Boost Your Brain, And Improve Your Gut Health
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.