This week we have Dr. Robynne Chutkan back on the show for round 2. She is a gastroenterologist and wellness expert dedicated to helping people live not just longer, but better lives. Robynne is about to release her third book, The Bloat Cure (April 19th 2016).
In this episode, we discuss:
- Bloating is related to the health of your micobiome
- Red flags when it comes to bloating
- Probiotics, it’s essential to feed them properly
- 5 days on a broad spectrum antibiotic can wipe out a third of your gut bacteria
- Very few people benefit from digestive enzymes
- There are 3 main differences between the male and female colon
- Antibiotics destroy the gut microbiome which leads to fungus and gas producing microbes
- Your gut bacteria change in response to stress
- How Robynne gets into her rest and relaxation state (parasympathetic)
- A radical shift in Marni’s diet, at least for now
- Sugar sends your bad bacteria into a feeding frenzy
- Artificial sweeteners put you at risk for diabetes and obesity
- Cruciferous vegetables cause “good gas”
- Your stomach has a bedtime and it changes with the seasons
- NSAIDs are a major cause of leaky gut
- Strategies to reducing bloating during menopause
- How to figure out what is causing your bloating
Links to things we mentioned:
Dr. Robynne Chutkan’s website
Dr. Robynne Chutkan – The Bloat Cure (book)*
Patty Ivey – Down Dog Yoga
Erica Kerwien – The Healthy Coconut Flour Cookbook (book)*
Rich Roll – Finding Ultra (book)*
Rich Roll & Julie Piatt – The Plantpower Way (book)*
Rich Roll on TUHP (episode #33)
Rich Roll Podcast #92 – Dr. Robynne Chutkan
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Join TUHP Facebook group
Add us on Snapchat
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.