On today’s show, we are speaking with health & wellness authority, Rich Roll. He is an accomplished author, endurance athlete, speaker, and he hosts a top-rated podcast – The Rich Roll Podcast.
We get into lots of off the beaten path topics with Rich that we haven’t heard him discuss before. Enjoy the ride!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Rich’s journey to becoming a leader in the health world
- The window diet
- How adversity can lead to success
- Rich’s accomplishments in endurance sport
- Rich’s journey into plant-based eating
- Is the vegan diet sustainable, longterm?
- Focus on making the best choice in the moment
- Plant-based foods that are excellent sources of protein
- The food with the highest concentration of protein by weight, on the planet
- Should we fear carbs + fats?
- Vegan, paleo, raw food… how can the various camps come together and work toward a common goal?
- A simple morning strategy that will have a profound impact on your health
- Superfoods are not the panacea to health
- It’s not about hacking your way to success
- Authenticity is everything
- The details of how Rich begins a typical day
- Any easy way to meditate, daily
- HIIT vs. endurance training
- Stop training in the gray zone
- Should we focus on our strengths or improve upon our weaknesses?
- A lack of talent can be overcome by hard work
- The importance of a solid support system, ideally in person
- Mood follows action
Rich Roll and Julie Piatt – The Plantpower Way (book)
Rich Roll’s website
Follow Rich Roll on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Finding Ultra (Rich’s book)
The Rich Roll Podcast
Tolerant – The Gluten Free, Organic, Non-GMO Legume Pasta
Robb Wolf – The Paleo Solution (book)
10 Uncommon “Superfoods” from the World of Ultra-Endurance – Rich Roll (Tim Ferriss’ Blog)
Living Tea – Puerh Tea
Ryan Holiday – The Obstacle Is The Way (book)
Julia Cameron – The Artist’s Way (book)
Andy Puddicombe – Headspace Meditation App
WTF with Marc Maron Podcast
Russell Brand – The Trews (YouTube)
036: Whitney Lauritsen – Live (More) Eco Friendly, Eat Organic On A Budget, Avoid Vegan Junk Food
075: Abel James – Live More By Buying Less | Long-Term Weight Loss Strategies | HITT Wins Over Long Endurance Exercise
145: Robb Wolf – You Can’t Cheat On Your Diet • Wired To Eat • Is The Paleo Diet Right For Everyone?
244: Dr. Will Cole – Plant-Based Keto Diet • Women & Ketosis • Fats For Brain Health
257: Jesse Itzler – Living With The Monks • Only Fruit Until Noon • Flip Your Relationship With Time
How can you support our podcast?
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.