Dr. William Davis is author of the New York Times #1 bestseller, Wheat Belly, the book that turned the nutritional world by storm by challenging the conventional wisdom of “healthy whole grains.”
He is also author of the NY Times bestseller, Wheat Belly Cookbook, and he has a new book on shelves titled Undoctored.
Dr. Davis has discussed his views on major media including The Dr. Oz Show, Fox TV, and has been featured in the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Huffington Post, and others.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How putting together his new book Undoctored was an emotional experience
- Health can’t come from the healthcare system
- Grains cause numerous nutrient deficiencies (particularly minerals)
- How a low fat, vegetarian diet degraded Dr. Davis’ health
- A diet rich in “healthy whole grains” is worse than a diet filled with sugar
- The conventional medical system is broken
- How the internet has impacted the doctor/patient interaction
- Approach your doctor like you would a nasty, rebellious teenager
- Wild, naked, and unwashed
- Grain were only added into our diet 10 or 11 thousand years ago
- Grains are very powerful GI toxins
- The gluten free industry is deceptive and dishonest
- Red fife is less bad but it’s still bad
- Can you have grains on a periodic basis?
- Grains increase your risk for cardiovascular disease
- A grain free diet doesn’t mean deprivation
- Are pseudograins ok?
- Dr. Davis’ thoughts on rice and corn
- Arsenic in rice?!?
- Lectins are GI toxins
- Is soy a health food (tempeh and tofu)?
- The demonization of saturated fat, cholesterol, and total fat was never based on science in the first place
- The paleo diet vs. the Undoctored diet
- We all need to be on a high potency, multi-species probiotic
- Dr. Davis’ top food sources of prebiotics
- Dr. Davis’ morning routine
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app.
6. Share using the buttons below.