Sharon Salzberg is a meditation teacher and New York Times best-selling author. She is the co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, MA and has played a crucial role in bringing Asian meditation practices to the West. Sharon’s been a student of meditation since 1971, guiding retreats worldwide since 1974.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is mindfulness?
- Where does the meditation newbie begin?
- A specific meditation practice for beginners
- Meditation becomes easier and easier over time
- Is there any substitution for meditation?
- Are meditation apps legit?
- Has meditation become more essential in today’s busy world?
- How meditation positively changes your brain
- The practice of Lovingkindness
- Why so many people struggle to keep a consistent meditation practice
- The concept of meditating “on something”
- Can meditation ruin your ambition or creative spark?
- What Sharon’s meditation practice looks like
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Sharon Salzberg – Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation (book)
Sharon Salzberg’s website
Follow Sharon Salzberg on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Sharon Salzberg (books)
10% Happier guided meditation (app)
Headspace guided meditation (app)
303: Emily Fletcher – Stress Less… Accomplish More, Mindfulness vs. Meditation, Secrets To Manifesting
306: Haemin Sunim – Let Go Of Perfectionism, Combat Depression, Take Things Slowly
296: Dr. Joe Dispenza – Becoming Supernatural, Reprogram Your Mind, Trust Your Intuition
293: Mark Manson – We All Need Hope • Meditation Makes You Stronger • Happiness Is Overrated
104: Carrie-Anne Moss – Life Outside The Matrix • Embracing Imperfection • The Yoga Of Awareness
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.