Haemin Sunim (IG: @haemin_sunim) is a Zen Buddhist teacher, writer and the founder of the School of Broken Hearts in Seoul. He is one of the most influential Zen monks in the world. Haemin’s books, The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down and Love for Imperfect Things have been translated into more than 35 different languages and sold over four million copies worldwide.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Growing up with perfectionist tendencies
- Taking time for self-care
- Check in with yourself
- Becoming a Buddhist monk
- What is Quan meditation?
- Enlightenment is already within you
- Be mindful of your thoughts
- We are all interconnected
- Day-to-day life at the monastery
- Meditation app recommendations
- Haemin’s approach to social media
- Learning from Thich Nhat Hanh
- Take things slowly
- Intention is important
- What makes any item valuable?
- Value your time
- Routines create balance
- Walking in nature
- Let go of perfectionism
- Strategies to combat depression
- Creating the School of Broken Hearts
- You are not alone
- Create your own community
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Kettle & Fire <== 20% off all Kettle & Fire products
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Haemin Sunim – Love For Imperfect Things (book)
Haemin Sunim’s website
Follow Haemin Sunim on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Haemin Sunim – The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down (book)
The School of Broken Hearts
Thich Nhat Hanh (books)
Dalai Lama (books)
303: Emily Fletcher – Stress Less… Accomplish More, Mindfulness vs. Meditation, Secrets To Manifesting
293: Mark Manson – We All Need Hope • Meditation Makes You Stronger • Happiness Is Overrated
257: Jesse Itzler – Living With The Monks • Only Fruit Until Noon • Flip Your Relationship With Time
227: Andy Couturier – The Abundance Of Less • Enjoying The Process • Thinking For Yourself
182: Pedram Shojai – Time Is Our Most Valuable Gift • The Art Of The To-Do List • Smile More 🙂
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.