Mark Manson (IG: @markmansonnet) is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, the mega-bestseller that has been translated into over 50 languages and sold more than eight million copies worldwide. He has also built one of the largest personal growth websites in the world, MarkManson.net. Mark’s writing has been published in Time Magazine, Forbes, Vice, and CNN, among many others. Today we’re discussing his new book, Everything Is F*cked: A Book About Hope.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Mark grew up reading psychology & philosophy books
- Achieving success with “The Subtle Art” book
- We all need hope
- Everybody’s offended about everything
- How to build & maintain hope
- What is depression?
- Act without hope
- The thinking brain vs. the feeling brain
- Change your habits
- What is antifragility?
- Meditation makes you stronger
- Learn to listen and trust yourself
- Become emotionally resilient
- The pager experiment
- Happiness is overrated
- The blue dot effect
- Recognize your perceptions
- Mark’s criticisms of the self-help industry
- Be aware of yourself in the present moment
- Encourage growth
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Mark Manson – Everything Is F*cked: A Book About Hope (book)
Mark Manson’s website
Follow Mark Manson on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Mark Manson – The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck (book)
Mark Manson Book Tour
Friedrich Nietzsche (books)
Sigmund Freud (books)
Nassim Nicholas Taleb – Antifragile (book)
Emile Durkheim (books)
Steven Pinker (books)
242: Sarah Knight – You Do You • Happiness In Imperfection • Managing Anxiety
265: Neil Pasricha – How To Be Happy • Untouchable Days • Find Your Authentic Self
239: Neil Strauss – The Long Road To Success • Compartmentalize Your Week • Your Community Shapes You
250: Greg McKeown – Essentialism • The Joy of Missing Out (JOMO) • The Cost of Saying Yes
252: Srinivas Rao – Creating For An Audience Of One • Creativity Leads To Happiness • Cognitive Bandwidth
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.