Melissa Ambrosini (IG: @melissaambrosini) is a bestselling author and was named a “Self-Help Guru” by Elle Magazine.
She’s the host of The Melissa Ambrosini Show, where she shares her wisdom and interviews the biggest thought leaders and experts in the world to help her audience unlock their full potential and live their dream life.
Today we’re discussing Melissa’s new book, Comparisonitis: How to Stop Comparing Yourself to Others and Be Genuinely Happy.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Pregnancy to parenthood, the next chapter
- Consciously trying to conceive for 18 months
- How to heal your Comparisonitis
- The ACES Technique
- Examples of healthy comparison vs. toxic comparison
- Don’t compare yourself to someone else
- Children learn by watching us
- After Melissa hit rock bottom she made it her mission to heal
- How yoga & meditation inspired Melissa to grow and evolve
- The book that changed Melissa’s life
- The realization that we’re all comparing ourselves to everyone else
- Why Melissa & Nick shelved the book they were writing together
- Stop taking your phone to the toilet
- We need to stay in our own lane
- How much time are you spending on social media each day?
- Plan a social media free Sunday
- Social media is everyone’s highlight reel
- Delete the word perfect/perfection from your vocabulary
- Do more things that make you forget to look at your phone
- Know your core values
- Data shows we spend 6 years on social media and 10 years on our phones
- Exposing children to smartphones stunts their growth
- The tactics social media platforms use to keep you online
- A behind the scenes look at social media influencers
- Follow people who inspire you
- People commonly compare themselves to…
- Stop shaming parents and ourselves
- Let go of feeling guilty
- Comparison is detrimental to our mental health
LMNT <== LMNT’s tasty electrolyte drink mix comes in 7 flavours and is formulated to help anyone with their electrolyte needs
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Melissa Ambrosini – Comparisonitis (book)
Melissa Ambrosini’s website
Follow Melissa Ambrosini on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Melissa Ambrosini – Open Wide (book)
Melissa Ambrosini – Mastering Your Mean Girl (book)
The Melissa Ambrosini Show
Listen to Melissa Ambrosini previously on TUHP (episodes #095 and #217)
Nick Broadhurst (Melissa’s husband)
Tony Robbins (books)
Louise Hay – You Can Heal Your Life (book)
Listen to Cal Newport previously on TUHP (episodes #286 and #396)
Cal Newport (books)
The Social Dilemma (Netflix documentary)
Brene Brown (books)
374: Dr. Jud Brewer – The Craving Mind, Finding Joy In Meditation, Overcoming Addictions
362: Lori Gottlieb – Maybe You Should Talk To Someone
328: Kyle Cease – The Illusion Of Money, Sitting In Silence, Social Media Boundaries
245: Geneen Roth – This Messy Magnificent Life • Seeing Extraordinary In The Ordinary • Stop Complaining
243: Susan David – Emotional Agility • The Tyranny Of Positivity • Understanding Guilt & Shame
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.