Geneen Roth (IG: @geneenroth) is the author of ten books, including a number of New York Times bestsellers. Over the past thirty years, she has worked with thousands of people in her groundbreaking workshops and retreats and has appeared on numerous national shows, including The Oprah Winfrey Show, 20/20, and the Today show. Today we’re focusing on Geneen’s latest book, This Messy Magnificent Life*.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Geneen’s hellish relationship with food from age 11 to 28
- If I had X then I would feel Y thinking (it’s a myth)
- Working on ultimate contentment and joy
- Everybody has challenges… it’s challenging to be alive
- Losing 30 years of life savings
- Focus on what you do have vs what you don’t
- There’s only this moment
- What people regret most at the end of their lives
- Insight doesn’t lead to change
- What’s not wrong right now?
- Very little can’t be replaced
- Everything ends
- Seeing extraordinary in the ordinary
- Meeting Eckhart Tolle for the first time
- Showing up moment to moment
- Stop complaining
- When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change
- Taking a conscious breath a couple of times a day
- The most fabulous thing about being aware of death
- Death can happen in any moment
Four Sigmatic <== 10% off all Four Sigmatic products & free shipping over $100
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)*
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $100
Geneen Roth – This Messy Magnificent Life (book)*
Geneen Roth’s website
Follow Geneen Roth on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter
Geneen Roth’s books*
Listen to Dr. Mark Hyman previously on TUHP (episode #214, #84, #74)
John Gunther – Death Be Not Proud (book)*
Download our BRAND NEW TUHP iOS app (FREE)!
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Share using the buttons below.