On today’s show, we are speaking with #1 New York Times and international bestselling author, Gretchen Rubin. She has written several books including The Happiness Project and Better Than Before. Gretchen is a happiness and good habit expert. She recently started a weekly podcast with her sister, Happier with Gretchen Rubin. Gretchen lives in New York with her husband and two daughters.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Nature vs. nurture when it comes to being happy
- The foundation for happiness
- Your external environment affects your internal environment
- The power of making your bed
- Some people thrive in chaos
- How possessions CAN make us happy
- Simplicity vs. abundance lovers
- Under buyers vs. over buyers
- Major life changes create space for new habits
- Different people need to approach habit change differently
- We infect the people around us with emotions
- The one minute rule
- Using lists to clear your mind for creativity
- Respecting our individual differences when it comes to habits and happiness
- Success in the past CAN determine success in the present
- Buying the best won’t make you happiest
- Most decisions don’t require extensive research
- Things become easier when you are clear about what you want
- The negative side of habits
- Habits are a good servant but a bad master
Links to things we mentioned:
Gretchen Rubin’s website
Happier with Gretchen Rubin (Gretchen’s podcast)
Gretchen Rubin – Better Than Before
Gretchen Rubin – The Happiness Project
Gretchen Rubin’s Quiz: The Four Tendencies
Barry Schwartz – The Paradox of Choice (book)
Gary Taubes – Why We Get Fat (book)
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.