Sarah Knight (IG: @mcsnugz) is the international bestselling author of The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck, which has been translated into more than twenty languages and has hit bestseller lists all over the world. In 2015, she left corporate life behind and moved with her husband from Brooklyn to the Dominican Republic. Today we focus on her latest book, You Do You.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Moving from New York City to the Dominican Republic
- Making new friends as adults
- Good selfish vs. bad selfish
- Sarah’s first full blown panic attack
- Her experience with biofeedback
- Recreating the beach in Sarah’s office with some craft sand and a litter box
- Managing anxiety
- There is nothing wrong with you
- Be as weird as you feel like being
- It’s ok to not be a team player
- Happiness in imperfection
- Congratulate yourself
- Stop people pleasing
- Why is people pleasing even a thing?
- Ask for what you want
- Mental redecorating
- Shifting careers… the slow and steady method
- Should family always come first?
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products and they ship worldwide (free shipping in the US)
Thrive Market <== Get your membership for as low as $5 a month & receive $20 in shopping credit with a 1 year membership (US only)
CoreChair <== 15% off your CoreChair purchase by using the code tuhpcc at checkout (free shipping in North America)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Sarah Knight – You Do You (book)
Sarah Knight’s website
Follow Sarah Knight on Instagram and Twitter
Sarah Knight – Get Your Sh*t Together (book)
Sarah Knight – The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck (book)
Marie Kondō – The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up (book)
Download our BRAND NEW TUHP iOS app (FREE)!
317: Dr. Will Cole – The Inflammation Spectrum, Managing Anxiety, Homeschooling
293: Mark Manson – We All Need Hope • Meditation Makes You Stronger • Happiness Is Overrated
238: Tara Mackey – WILD Habits • Natural Ways To Calm Your Anxiety • Approaching Gratitude Differently
235: Lori Harder – A Tribe Called Bliss • No Boundaries = Anxiety & Resentment • Stop Gossiping
232: Sarah Wilson – Normalizing Anxiety • The Impact Of Gratitude On Your Brain • Just Walk
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.