On this week’s episode, Tim Van Orden is back, and this time we have him for a full length episode.
He is a sought after coach and public speaker with 10 U.S. trail running championships under his belt.
Tim focuses on diet, exercise, and mental health in an attempt to see (and be) what’s possible.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Tim’s Achilles injury
- How Tim’s identity has shifted since the injury
- Eating for performance vs. eating for fulfilment
- How to turn a salad into a large meal that will take up to an hour and a half to eat
- Secrets to a next level salad
- The bacteria in your gut change depending on what you eat
- Celebrating the process instead of the result
- Tim’s experience with lyme disease and all about tics and lyme
- Positive Psychology vs. pathopsychology
- Positive emotions + engagement + relationships + meaning + accomplishment = authentic happiness
- Tim’s happiness additions – physical activity and quality food
- Physical activity creates new brain cells
- How Tim has dramatically improved his depression, naturally
- We hide our identity from the world and often from ourselves
- A different way of looking at depression
- Your brain is not always right (no pun intended)
- Leaders are often sociopaths, not feeling their own feelings and the feelings of others
- Making sure every moment has riches
- Become brilliant at you, right here
- Tim’s world famous green smoothie recipe
- To destem or not to destem, kale
- Happiness is a choice
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Tim Van Orden’s YouTube channel – Running Raw
Tim’s website – Running Raw
Follow Tim Van Orden on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Listen to Tim Van Orden previously on TUHP (episode #042)
New York State Department of Health – Ticks & Lyme Disease
Martin Seligman – Authentic Happiness (book)
Kevin Kelly – 1000 True Fans (blog post)
265: Neil Pasricha – How To Be Happy • Untouchable Days • Find Your Authentic Self
092: Dr. Kelly Brogan – Depression, Myths & Misconceptions • Medications That Commonly Cause Psychiatric Side Effects • Gut Health Impacts Brain Health
037: Gretchen Rubin – The Foundation For Happiness | Simplicity vs. Abundance Lovers | The One Minute Rule
248: Evan Brand – Parasites, H. pylori, & Candida • Cavitation Surgery • Addressing Mental Health
155: Vinnie Tortorich – Exercise For Mental Health • Choosing The Right Trainer • No Sugar No Grains
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.