Dr. Amy Myers is a renowned leader in functional medicine and a New York Times bestselling author of The Autoimmune Solution. She received her Doctorate in Medicine from LSU Health Sciences Center and spent 5 years working in emergency medicine before training with the Institute of Functional Medicine. Amy has helped thousands around the world recover from chronic illness through her dietary-based program, The Myers Way®.
Today’s interview is focused on the thyroid, the topic of her new book, The Thyroid Connection.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Before Amy was a thyroid doc, she was a thyroid patient
- Your thyroid regulates every cell in your body
- Hypothyroidism vs. hyperthyroidism
- The lab work Amy recommends for anyone suspecting they may have thyroid dysfunction
- If your conventional doctor says your thyroid is ok… they may be wrong
- What is functional medicine?
- The impact of stress on your thyroid gland
- Ways to combat psychological stress
- How infections can negatively impact your thyroid
- There isn’t a great way to test your iodine level
- Two ways gluten can cause thyroid dysfunction
- The diet that supports a healthy thyroid gland
- Most people are vitamin D deficient
- The impact of goitrogens on your thyroid
- Amy’s healthy morning routine
CoreChair <== 15% off your CoreChair purchase – Apply the code tuhpcc at checkout (free shipping in North America)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Dr. Amy Myers – The Thyroid Connection (book)
Dr. Amy Myers’ website
Follow Dr. Amy Myers on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Amy Myers – The Autoimmune Solution (book)
HeartMath Inner Balance
Dr. Terry Wahls (books)
120: Dr. Terry Wahls – How To Fuel Your Mitochondria • Organ Meats For Beginners • MCT Oil And Exogenous Ketones
285: Dr. Izabella Wentz – Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology • Thyroid Testing • Stress, Trauma & Autoimmune Conditions
256: Dr. Datis Kharrazian – Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? • Understanding Iodine • Vitamin D & Autoimmunity
254: Sarah Ballantyne – Pregnancy And Hypothyroidism • Reintroductions On AIP • The Cruciferous Vegetable Myth
241: Dr. Aviva Romm – The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution • Permission To Pause • Embracing Adaptogens
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.