Sahara Rose (@iamsahararose) is an author, public speaker, podcast host and Ayurveda expert. She is the best-selling author of “Idiot’s Guide to Ayurveda” with foreword by Deepak Chopra and has been called “a leading voice in the millennial generation into the new paradigm shift” by Deepak.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The degradation of Sahara’s health
- Sahara’s first hot yoga experience
- Adopting a strict raw vegan diet and the long-term negative consequences
- Giving Ayurveda a shot, in a modern way
- Ayurveda is the world’s oldest health system that originated in ancient India
- How yoga and Ayurveda are intertwined
- Yoga was never supposed to be a physical practice
- Stop starting the day with a cold drink
- The time between digestion is the time for detoxification
- How does eating meat impact digestion?
- Is it ok to drink with meals?
- Consider an elixir over a smoothie, in the morning
- An Ayurvedic seed tea recipe
- Doshas 101
- Are you a Vata, Pitta, or Kapha?
- At lunch, everyones digestive fire is burning the brightest
- Earth naturally provides us with the food we need to eat, at that time
- Tongue scraping is important for oral and digestive health
- Oil pulling for 20 minutes isn’t necessary
- Remove the dead skin cells off your body with dry skin brushing
- How to… dry skin brushing
- Self-oil massage helps drain your lymphatic system
- An awesome recipe for quinoa breakfast porridge
- Sea salt lamps are great source of light, before bed
- Don’t burn incense, in the house
- Wait at least 3 hours after finishing your last meal, before going to bed
- Health is a means to an end
Kettle & Fire <== 20% off all Kettle & Fire products
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Sahara Rose – Ayurveda (Idiot’s Guides) (book)
Sahara Rose’s website
Follow Sahara Rose on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Sahara’s dosha quiz
Highest Self Podcast with Sahara Rose (Apple Podcasts)
Listen to Deepak Chopra previously on TUHP (episode #141)
Deepak Chopra (books)
Institute for Integrative Nutrition
A Real Treat: Nourishing Grain-Free Desserts and Healing Elixirs (Marni’s book)
Dr. Tung’s tongue scraper
Dr. Tung’s oil pulling concentrate
Dry skin brush
Himalayan salt lamp
Himalayan salt night lights (2 pack)
184: Danielle LaPorte – White Hot Truth • You Are Your Own Guru • Boundaries vs. Barriers
139: Joy McCarthy – Joyous Detox • There’s More To Turmeric Than Curcumin • The Power Of Affirmations
136: Julie Daniluk – Hot Detox • Spark Your Digestion With Herbs & Spices • We Haven’t Evolved To Eat Cold Food
012: Joy McCarthy – Get Your Skin To Glow Naturally
004: Josh Gitalis – A Clinical Nutritionist’s Perspective On Maintaining Strong Bones, Detoxification And Gut Health
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.