Pedram Shojai is former Taoist monk who is an accomplished physician of Chinese medicine and has lectured on wellness around the world. His no-nonsense approach teaches esoteric concepts to Western readers in an easy to understand way.
Today we discuss his new book, The Art of Stopping Time.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Most people are in a state of overwhelm
- Time is our most valuable gift
- At the end of the day, the teacher can’t give you anything
- Assembling your life garden
- Your worth in society isn’t how busy you are
- How saying yes can mean saying no to things we’ve already committed to
- Imagine yourself on your deathbed
- You’ll be pushing up flowers
- Start making appointments for yourself and your self-care
- Using airplane mode to keep you from getting distracted
- We don’t know how to be anymore, we have to do and produce
- What doing nothing really means
- Enjoy every moment like it’s your last time experiencing it… it is
- If you have a to-do list that won’t get done by the end of the day, you’re sentencing yourself to a life of misery
- The art of the to-do list
- Needs vs. wants
- The simple act of smiling
- Sipping tea can be a meditative practice
- You can’t be “on” all the time
- How to properly construct your bucket list
CoreChair <== 15% off your CoreChair purchase by using the code tuhpcc at checkout (free shipping in North America)
Perfect Keto <== 20% off Perfect Keto products and they ship worldwide (free shipping in the US)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Pedram Shojai – The Art of Stopping Time (book)
Pedram Shojai – The Urban Monk (book)
Well.Org website (Pedram’s the founder)
The Urban Monk (Pedram’s website)
Follow Pedram on Facebook and Instagram
Listen to Ryan Nicodemus previously on TUHP (episode #132)
Minimilism: A Documentary About the Important Things
Marie Kondo – The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up (book)
321: Neil Pasricha – You Are Awesome, Intentional Living, Becoming Anti-Fragile
306: Haemin Sunim – Let Go Of Perfectionism, Combat Depression, Take Things Slowly
298: Kate Northrup – Do Less, Surrender Your Control, Yoga Nidra
277: Marianne Williamson – A Course In Miracles • Self-Care vs. Selfishness • Transforming Politics
257: Jesse Itzler – Living With The Monks • Only Fruit Until Noon • Flip Your Relationship With Time
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.