Neil Pasricha (IG: @neilpasricha) is a New York Times bestselling author that is all about living intentionally. His current work focuses under the themes of gratitude, happiness, failure, resilience, and trust.
Neil gives over 50 speeches a year at places like TED, SXSW, and Google. He also hosts an Apple “Best of 2018” podcast called 3 Books where he’s on a 15-year-long mission to uncover and discuss the 1000 most formative books in the world.
Neil’s book, You Are Awesome, is launching today.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Building resilience by tearing away the layers
- Will it matter on my deathbed?
- Reveal to heal
- 3 simple prompts to start your day
- Don’t Look Back In Anger Theory
- Practicing gratitude in the mornings
- How Neil’s blog (1000 Awesome Things) became therapeutic
- Gratitude builds a shield of resilience
- Do you suffer from decision fatigue?
- The idea of practicing untouchable days
- Battling cellphone & social media addiction
- Becoming anti-fragile
- More failure = more success
- Purposeful failure increases learning
- What is benign envy?
- Sharing your failures
- The Spotlight Effect
- How to develop confidence
- Are you spending enough time alone?
- The path of pain and punishment
- 168 hours a week
- Neil’s thoughts on parenthood
- Intentional living inspired by Neil’s wife, Leslie
Sleep On Latex <== All mattresses ship same day and can be returned for free within 100 days
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Neil Pasricha – You Are Awesome (book)
Neil Pasricha’s website
Follow Neil Pasricha on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
3 Books with Neil Pasricha (podcast)
1000 Awesome Things (blog)
Neil Pasricha – Two-Minute Mornings (journal)
Neil Pasricha – The Happiness Equation (book)
Neil Pasricha – The Book of Awesome
Neil Pasricha – The Book of (Even More) Awesome
Listen to Neil Pasricha previously on TUHP (episode #265)
Adam Atler – Irresistible (book)
Buffer: Social Media Management
Malcom Gladwell (books)
Warren Buffet (books)
Tim Urban – Wait But Why – Taming The Mammoth: Why You Should Stop Caring What Other People Think (article)
Mark Manson – The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck (book)
Listen to Mark Manson previously on TUHP (episode #293)
Listen to Gretchen Rubin previously on TUHP (episode #037 and #207)
318: Michael Hyatt – Achieve More By Doing Less, Work Productivity Hacks, The Power Of Constraints
312: James Altucher – Reinvent Yourself, Defining Freedom, Comedians See The Truth
286: Cal Newport – Digital Minimalism • Create Time For Solitude • Stop Socializing On Social Media
252: Srinivas Rao – Creating For An Audience Of One • Creativity Leads To Happiness • Cognitive Bandwidth
242: Sarah Knight – You Do You • Happiness In Imperfection • Managing Anxiety
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.