Matthew McConaughey (IG: @officiallymcconaughey) is an Academy Award-winning actor, married man, a father of three children, and a loyal son and brother.
In October of last year he released Greenlights, an unconventional memoir that was born out of diaries he’s been keeping for the last 35 years. It’s a guide to catching more greenlights in life and to realizing that the yellows and reds eventually turn green too. It’s also a love letter to life.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The aftermath from the Texas winter storm crisis
- How COVID-19 gave us a new sense of purpose
- Go write your own story
- The restrictions of being a celebrity
- The day Matthew got famous
- Appreciating the moment
- Being the pilot of your choices
- Documenting the existential question of “why?” through journaling
- Write the headline first and living your story
- The art of living
- Fatigue is one of the greatest enemies
- The book that kept Matthew anchored
- How Matthew landed his role in Dazed and Confused
- Creating the character Wooderson
- Three affirmations… alright, alright, alright
- The death of Matthew’s dad taught him to just keep livin
- What’s your eulogy?
- The impermanence of life
- Chasing our better selves
BLUblox <== 20% off the world’s most advanced blue light glasses
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Matthew McConaughey – Greenlights (book)
Follow Matthew McConaughey on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Just Keep Livin Foundation
Camila Alves McConaughey
A Time To Kill
Og Mandino – The Greatest Salesman In The World (book)
Dazed and Confused
Dan Buettner – Blue Zones (book)
Listen to Dan Buettner previously on TUHP (episode #170)
Rachel Hollis on Putting Life Back Together When Your World Falls Apart (#395)
377: A.J. Jacobs – Stop Obsessing About Your Health, Gratitude Leads To Happiness, Radical Honesty
347: Brad Montague – Becoming Better Grownups, Creating Your Space Jam, Be Less Childish & More Childlike
312: James Altucher – Reinvent Yourself, Defining Freedom, Comedians See The Truth
062: UJ Ramdas – The Five-Minute Journal | Pushing Through Your Comfort Zone | Develop An Attitude Of Gratitude
Matthew McConaughey photo credit: Vida Alves McConaughey
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.