James Altucher (IG: @altucher) is a successful entrepreneur, angel investor, chess master and prolific writer. He’s started 20 companies (17 have failed but he’s learned a lot along the way) and is currently invested in over 30.
James is the author of 18 books, including Wall Street Journal bestsellers: ‘The Power of No‘ and ‘Choose Yourself‘. His latest book, “Reinvent Yourself” was #1 in the Amazon store shortly after its release.
In this episode, we discuss:
- James’ experiment with minimalism
- Always rent, don’t buy a home
- The idea of practicing change
- Money, materialism, and consumerism
- Comedians see the truth
- Challenge yourself
- 10 ideas a day
- Executing on an idea
- Self-care is a part of life
- Practice staying in the moment
- Don’t read the newspaper or watch the news
- Lessons James learned from his Dad
- What is success?
- Invest in improving yourself
- Defining freedom
- Improving relationships
- Time to rest, time to rejuvenate
- Don’t let money get in the way
- Always focus on what’s happening now
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
The Ultimate Baby (TUB) Tea Collection inspired by Marni (Chalice Spice)
James Altucher – Reinvent Yourself (book)
James Altucher’s website
Follow James Altucher on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
James Altucher – Choose Yourself (book)
James Altucher (books)
The James Altucher Show (podcast)
Listen to James Altucher previously on TUHP (episode #131)
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (movie)
307: Elizabeth Willard Thames aka Mrs. Frugalwoods – Financial Independence Through Simple Living
286: Cal Newport – Digital Minimalism • Create Time For Solitude • Stop Socializing On Social Media
252: Srinivas Rao – Creating For An Audience Of One • Creativity Leads To Happiness • Cognitive Bandwidth
168: Dr. Sachin Patel – Create Better Eating Habits • Heart Rate Variability • Pursue Happiness
132: Ryan Nicodemus – The Minimalists • Gift Giving… The Healthy Way • Give Yourself A Pay Raise By Spending Less
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.