Rachel Hollis (IG: @msrachelhollis) laid the foundation for her lifestyle brand and media company with the same unfiltered honesty and staunch inclusivity that made her a two-time #1 New York Times bestselling author.
She connects with a highly engaged and growing global audience who treasures her transparency and optimism.
Rachel is one of the most sought-after motivational speakers, plays host to one of today’s top podcasts, and is a proud working mama of four who uses her platform to empower and embolden women around the world.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- 2020… how we all “Didn’t See That Coming”
- Rachel’s leap into becoming an entrepreneur
- Your emotional health has everything to do with the health of your business
- What is your Enneagram type?
- Achievers are successful in business but can fall into burnout
- The success & challenges of Girl, Wash your Face in 2018
- Thoughts on social media and exposing kids to fame
- Where Rachel’s hustle and drive came from
- Going from fiction to nonfiction and knowing who your reader is
- Starting out as a blogger and sharing her personal experience with Bell’s Palsy
- Lean into vulnerability
- The healthiest way to engage with social media is not consuming the feedback
- Finding moments to laugh during pain & grief
- Rachel’s recipe for self-care
- The beauty of a daily morning routine
- Journaling feels like therapy
- Focusing on a whole foods diet
- Holy basil/tulsi is a calming adaptogen
- Rachel’s daily supplement routine
- Working towards a physical challenge is powerful for women
- Organized parenting helps you be present
- Visualizing keeps you focused on where you want to go
- Learning to let go
- 2020 was the most brutal year of Rachel’s life
- Keep putting one foot in front of the other
- Believe in abundance
Rachel Hollis – Didn’t See That Coming (book)
Rachel Hollis’ website
Follow Rachel Hollis on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
Rachel Hollis – Girl, Stop Apologizing (book)
Rachel Hollis – Girl, Wash Your Face (book)
Rachel Hollis (books)
The Rachel Hollis Podcast
Big Heart Tea
362: Lori Gottlieb – Maybe You Should Talk To Someone
331: Cathy Heller – Don’t Keep Your Day Job
298: Kate Northrup – Do Less, Surrender Your Control, Yoga Nidra
283: Katie Wells aka Wellness Mama – Maintaining A Healthy Family, Home & Business
151: Marie Forleo – Exercise Boosts Your Productivity & Creativity • Trust Your Intuition • Create Before You Consume
Rachel Hollis photo credit: Vanessa Todd
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.