James Altucher is a successful entrepreneur, chess master, investor, and writer.
He’s been inspiring people both in person through hundreds of events and through weekly Q&A Twitter sessions by speaking on topics including stress, fear, anxiety, money, and relationships.
James’ writing has appeared in most major national media outlets, including the Wall Street Journal, ABC, Elephant Journal, Tech Crunch, Forbes, and CNBC. His blog, The Altucher Confidential, has attracted more than 10 million readers since its launch in 2010 and he hosts The James Altucher Show, a popular podcast. James is the author of eighteen books, including the motivational bestseller Choose Yourself.
In this episode, we discuss:
- James’ upcoming book – Reinvent Yourself
- People judge books by their covers
- Don’t ride the wave of your success, continue to reinvent yourself
- Deeply connecting with people through authenticity
- It’s time to choose yourself
- Can we all choose ourselves, is there enough room?
- The Daily Practice – Maintaining your four bodies… physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual
- A simple way to exercise your idea muscle
- Eating, moving, and sleeping are the keys to maintaining your physical health
- Jame’s morning routine (part of it)
- Choose who you spend your time with wisely
- James’ love for TV and what he’s watching right now
- Stop resisting Netflix
- Stop time travelling (anxiety and regret)… be more present
- Difficult gratitude problems
- The only thing that actually counts is doing
- You don’t have to be productive all the time, you just need to live all the time
- Social media may be beneficial for introverts
- Embrace your comfort zone… too
- Think twice before you say “yes”
- Warren Buffet’s 5/25 Rule
- Living as an extreme minimalist
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Follow TUHP on Instagram
Join our Facebook Community
James Altucher’s website
Follow James Altucher on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
The James Altucher Show (podcast)
James Altucher – Choose Yourself! (book)
James Altucher – The Power of No (book)
James Altucher – I Was Blind But Now I See (book)
James Altucher – My Daddy Owns All of Outer Space (kid’s book)
Claudia Azula Altucher & James Altucher – Become An Idea Machine (book)
James Altucher’s other books
Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner – Freakonomics (book)
Listen to Arianna Huffington previously on TUHP (episode #107)
Lost TV show
House of Cards TV show
This Is Us TV show
Tim Ferriss (books)
312: James Altucher – Reinvent Yourself, Defining Freedom, Comedians See The Truth
313: Chase Jarvis – Creativity Is A Habit (Not A Skill) Available To Everyone
307: Elizabeth Willard Thames aka Mrs. Frugalwoods – Financial Independence Through Simple Living
132: Ryan Nicodemus – The Minimalists • Gift Giving… The Healthy Way • Give Yourself A Pay Raise By Spending Less
123: Jonathan Fields – How To Live A Good Life • Breakthroughs Require Uncertainty • Money And Happiness Are Byproducts, Not The Goal
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.