Dave Asprey (IG: @dave.asprey) is the Founder & Chairman of Bulletproof. He is a three-time New York Times bestselling science author, host of the Webby award-winning podcast Bulletproof Radio, and has been featured on the Today Show, CNN, The New York Times, Dr. Oz, and more.
Today Dave is on the show for this 4th time to discuss his new book, Fast This Way: Burn Fat, Heal Inflammation, and Eat Like the High-Performing Human You Were Meant to Be.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why Dave wrote Fast This Way
- The biggest fasting hacks
- What is grehlin?
- Drinking coffee that makes you hungry? (it might be toxic)
- The benefits of adding prebiotic fiber to your Bulletproof Coffee
- Why Dave’s not a fan of exogenous ketones
- How to achieve metabolic flexibility
- Don’t fall into the fasting trap
- Women can start out fasting 3-4 days a week
- The process of autophagy
- The core definition of resilience
- Intermittent fasting is a sustainable practice for helping prevent disease
- The Four “F words” – Focus, Food, Fertility, & Friend
- Fasting provides a sense of peace and power
- The definition of biohacking in relation to intermittent fasting
- The great debate – water vs. Bulletproof Coffee fasts
- Coffee will give you better results during a fast
- Dave’s profound experience with a Shaman
- The difference between spiritual fasting and ayahuasca
- Holotropic breathing can induce altered states
- Why intermittent fasting matters
- Dave’s experience coming back into society after water fasting
- Is it safe for kids to fast?
- Fasting for women
- Activated charcoal is a magic supplement to add in while fasting
- Taking serrapeptase during a fast
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Garden of Life <== Try Garden of Life’s Dr. Formulated Probiotics Once Daily
LMNT <== Get your free LMNT sample pack (8 packets) – all you pay is $5 for shipping (in the US)
Dave Asprey – Fast This Way (book)
Dave Asprey’s website
Follow Dave Asprey on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dave Asprey – Super Human (book)
Dave Asprey – Game Changers (book)
Dave Asprey – Head Strong (book)
Dave Asprey – The Bulletproof Diet (book)
Listen to Dave Asprey previously on TUHP (episodes #061, #159, and #305)
Bulletproof Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil
Bulletproof InnerFuel Prebiotic
Bulletproof Coconut Charcoal
Gerald Pollack – The Fourth Phase of Water (book)
40 Years of Zen
Scott Barry Kaufman (books)
Tim Ferriss – The 4 Hour Body (book)
Gary Taubes – Are Carbs Making You Fat? (#387)
369: Dr. Jason Fung – Stop Snacking & Start Fasting
353: Dr. Satchin Panda – Time-Restricted Eating (TRE) & Managing Your Light Exposure
311: Leanne Vogel – Keto For Women, Loving Your Body, Sailing Through Life
294: Dr. Sara Gottfried – Brain Body Diet, Start To Surrender, Reset With Intermittent Fasting
Dave Asprey photo credit: Joshua Lawrence
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.