Sarah Ballantyne, Ph.D. (a.k.a. The Paleo Mom) is a New York Times Bestselling author, the blogger behind the award-winning blog The Paleo Mom, and cohost of the top-rated and syndicated podcast, The Paleo View.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Sarah’s new 6 and a half pound book… Paleo Principles
- Sarah’s health started to decline when she was 7
- Healing on the paleo diet
- Just cutting out the carbs… isn’t the answer
- The paleo diet is almost a plant-based diet
- Plant foods are not as calorically dense vs animal foods
- There’s nutrients we get from plant foods that we can’t get from animal foods and vice versa
- Grains and legumes are pretty empty calories and contain compounds that negatively impact our health
- The science shows that humans are omnivores
- AIP (autoimmune protocol) 101
- Everyones chronic illness has inflammation as part of the pathology
- Pick vegetables over grains for the win
- Elimination and challenge is the gold standard when it comes to identifying food reactions
- Why Sarah’s not a fan of the ketogenic diet
- Not eating a few hours before bed is important for sleep quality
- Consuming breakfast means better food choices throughout the day
- Intermittent fasting isn’t all it’s cracked up to be
- There’s a tendency to want to go more and more extreme with our dietary choices
- Getting enough sleep is more important than the foods you eat
- You need to prioritize sleep
- Everyone needs a bedtime (grown ups too)
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products and they ship worldwide (free shipping in the US)*
CoreChair <== Apply the code tuhpcc at checkout for your listener discount (free shipping in North America)*
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $100*
Sarah Ballantyne – Paleo Principles (book)*
The Paleo Mom (Sarah’s website)
The Paleo View (Sarah’s podcast)
Follow Sarah on Facebook and Instagram
The Healing Kitchen – Alaena Haber & Sarah Ballantyne (cookbook)*
Sarah Ballantyne – The Paleo Approach (book)*
Sarah Ballantyne – The Paleo Approach Cookbook*
Dr. Loren Cordain – The Paleo Diet (website)
Dr. Loren Cordain – The Paleo Diet (book)*
Robb Wolf – The Paleo Solution (book)*
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app*.
6. Share using the buttons below.