Sarah Ballantyne, Ph.D. (a.k.a. The Paleo Mom) is a New York Times Bestselling author, the blogger behind the award-winning blog The Paleo Mom, and cohost of the top-rated and syndicated podcast, The Paleo View.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Sarah’s new 6 and a half pound book… Paleo Principles
- Sarah’s health started to decline when she was 7
- Healing on the paleo diet
- Just cutting out the carbs… isn’t the answer
- The paleo diet is almost a plant-based diet
- Plant foods are not as calorically dense vs animal foods
- There’s nutrients we get from plant foods that we can’t get from animal foods and vice versa
- Grains and legumes are pretty empty calories and contain compounds that negatively impact our health
- The science shows that humans are omnivores
- AIP (autoimmune protocol) 101
- Everyones chronic illness has inflammation as part of the pathology
- Pick vegetables over grains for the win
- Elimination and challenge is the gold standard when it comes to identifying food reactions
- Why Sarah’s not a fan of the ketogenic diet
- Not eating a few hours before bed is important for sleep quality
- Consuming breakfast means better food choices throughout the day
- Intermittent fasting isn’t all it’s cracked up to be
- There’s a tendency to want to go more and more extreme with our dietary choices
- Getting enough sleep is more important than the foods you eat
- You need to prioritize sleep
- Everyone needs a bedtime (grown ups too)
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products and they ship worldwide (free shipping in the US)
CoreChair <== 15% off your CoreChair purchase by using the code tuhpcc at checkout (free shipping in North America)
Thrive Market <== Get your membership for as low as $5 a month & receive $20 in shopping credit with a 1 year membership (US only)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Sarah Ballantyne – Paleo Principles (book)
The Paleo Mom (Sarah’s website)
Follow Sarah Ballantyne of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
The Paleo View (Sarah’s podcast)
The Healing Kitchen – Alaena Haber & Sarah Ballantyne (cookbook)
Sarah Ballantyne – The Paleo Approach (book)
Sarah Ballantyne – The Paleo Approach Cookbook
Dr. Loren Cordain – The Paleo Diet (website)
Dr. Loren Cordain – The Paleo Diet (book)
Robb Wolf – The Paleo Solution (book)
Listen to Robb Wolf previously on TUHP (episode #145)
304: Trina Felber – Primal Skincare, Remineralize Your Teeth, Foods That Cause Acne
285: Dr. Izabella Wentz – Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology • Thyroid Testing • Stress, Trauma & Autoimmune Conditions
254: Sarah Ballantyne – Pregnancy And Hypothyroidism • Reintroductions On AIP • The Cruciferous Vegetable Myth
119: Dr. Amy Myers – The Thyroid Connection • The Impact of Goitrogens • Hyper vs Hypothyroidism
117: Diane Sanfilippo – The Fundamentals of Paleo • Preventing Burnout • Paleo vs. The Ketogenic Diet
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.