Our featured guest is a blogger, speaker, and host of the popular podcast, the Wellness Wonderland Radio, Katie Dalebout. She’s on a mission to share journaling tools that invoke deeper authenticity and self awareness. Katie’s first book, Let It Out: A Journey Through Journaling was just released with Hay House in April.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Journaling is an underrated health and wellness practice
- Journaling vs. keeping a diary
- Using journaling as a self awareness tool
- Pushing through the resistance to start journaling
- Journaling forces you to be present
- You don’t need to be a writer to journal
- Are you a journaling newbie? He’s how to start
- Awareness is the first step to change
- Is there a difference between journaling with pen and paper vs. on an electronic device?
- Why you should stop dating your journal entries
- How to protect your journal from unwanted eyes
- Creating a pleasure list and how to go about using it
- The dream decoding tool
- The biggest spiritual teacher in Katie’s life
- Creating jars for “Intentions” and “Good Things”
- What you focus on GROWS
- The morning dump (outside the washroom)
- Detaching yourself from the outcome
Links to things we mentioned:
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Marni’s Homemade Online Cooking Series: Get in Your Kitchen! Use code: TUHP15 to save 15%
Katie Dalebout’s website
Katie Dalebout – Let It Out (book)*
Katie’s Favorite Things
Listen to UJ Ramdas previously on TUHP (episode #62)
Nancy Levin – Jump…And Your Life Will Appear (book)*
Julia Cameron – The Artist’s Way Morning Pages Journal (book)*
Josh Radnor – happythankyoumoreplease (movie)* & Liberal Arts (movie)*
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.