Our featured guest is a blogger, speaker, and host of the popular podcast, the Wellness Wonderland Radio, Katie Dalebout. She’s on a mission to share journaling tools that invoke deeper authenticity and self awareness. Katie’s first book, Let It Out: A Journey Through Journaling was just released with Hay House in April.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Journaling is an underrated health and wellness practice
- Journaling vs. keeping a diary
- Using journaling as a self awareness tool
- Pushing through the resistance to start journaling
- Journaling forces you to be present
- You don’t need to be a writer to journal
- Are you a journaling newbie? He’s how to start
- Awareness is the first step to change
- Is there a difference between journaling with pen and paper vs. on an electronic device?
- Why you should stop dating your journal entries
- How to protect your journal from unwanted eyes
- Creating a pleasure list and how to go about using it
- The dream decoding tool
- The biggest spiritual teacher in Katie’s life
- Creating jars for “Intentions” and “Good Things”
- What you focus on GROWS
- The morning dump (outside the washroom)
- Detaching yourself from the outcome
Katie Dalebout – Let It Out (book)
Katie Dalebout’s website
Follow Katie Dalebout on Facebook and Instagram
Listen to UJ Ramdas previously on TUHP (episode #062)
Nancy Levin – Jump…And Your Life Will Appear (book)
Julia Cameron – The Artist’s Way Morning Pages Journal (book)
Josh Radnor – happythankyoumoreplease (movie) & Liberal Arts (movie)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Marni’s Homemade Online Cooking Series (no longer available)
306: Haemin Sunim – Let Go Of Perfectionism, Combat Depression, Take Things Slowly
290: Dr. Alan Christianson – The Metabolism Reset Diet • Is Your Liver Overloaded? • Journaling Before Bed
286: Cal Newport – Digital Minimalism • Create Time For Solitude • Stop Socializing On Social Media
278: Robin Sharma – The 5 AM Club • Mastery Is A Process • The Power Of Solitude
274: Ryder Carroll – The Bullet Journal Method • Declutter Your Mind • Avoid The Perfectionism Trap
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.