Ryder Carroll (IG: @rydercarroll) is a digital product designer and inventor of the Bullet Journal. He’s the author of the new book, The Bullet Journal Method. Ryder’s been featured by the New York Times, Fast Company, Lifehacker, and Mashable, and gave a TEDx Talk on keeping a journal to declutter your mind.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Ryder’s ADD eventually lead to the creation of the Bullet Journal (BuJo)
- Making the move to New York
- The big flood and being homeless in NY
- The origin story of the Bullet Journal
- The benefits of using pen and paper vs. an app
- Using journaling as a tool to connect with yourself
- What is the Bullet Journal? (an overview)
- The BuJo is a system and a practice
- What type of notebook should you use for Bullet Journaling?
- Looking at the BuJo as an empty house
- Decluttering your mind
- The Bullet Journal is all about content and not presentation
- Not falling into the perfectionism trap
- Enough with unattainable goals
- The community around the BuJo
- Does Ryder consider himself a minimalist?
- What minimalism is really about
- Organization can become its own form of distraction
- Momento mori and how this can be helpful to you
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products and they ship worldwide (free shipping in the US)*
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)*
CoreChair <== 15% off your CoreChair purchase by using the code tuhpcc at checkout (free shipping in North America)
The Bullet Journal Method (book)
Ryder Carroll’s website
Bullet Journal website
Follow Ryder Carroll on Instagram
Follow Bullet Journal on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
098: Katie Dalebout – Embracing The Art Of Journaling
062: UJ Ramdas – The Five-Minute Journal | Pushing Through Your Comfort Zone | Develop An Attitude Of Gratitude
261: Debbie Millman – Manifesting Your Goals • Courage Before Confidence • Everything Worthwhile Takes Time
249: Dr. Anthony Gustin – The Carnivore Diet • Setting & Tracking Goals • Breaking Down Keto
132: Ryan Nicodemus – The Minimalists • Gift Giving… The Healthy Way • Give Yourself A Pay Raise By Spending Less
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.