On today’s episode, we are speaking with holistic nutritionist, Joy McCarthy. She is an expert in the health and nutrition world and is the author of Joyous Health: Eat & Live Well Without Dieting. Today, Joy shares her wealth of knowledge and passion for natural skin care. We get into specifics that will take your skin to the next level!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Joy’s health journey
- What Joy eats & supplements with in a typical day
- Specific cosmetic brands you can trust
- Cosmetic ingredients you want to avoid
- The natural eye makeup remover you already have in your kitchen
- How to make your own natural cleanser, masks and moisturizer
- Using apple cider vinegar for a hair cleanser and conditioner
- What to eat and what to avoid for glowing skin
- How removing common food sensitivities such as dairy can benefit your skin
- Are there legit natural sunscreens?
- How antioxidants in your diet can protect you from the sun
- MSM for skin and joint health
- How coconut oil can protect you from the sun
- Natural ways of helping heal a sunburn
- Dry skin brushing and other keys to reducing cellulite
- Joy’s healthy morning routine
Links to things we mentioned:
Joy’s products – Joyous Shop
Joyous Health: Eat & Live Well Without Dieting (book)*
Samantha Gladish (The Qualitarian)
David Suzuki – Dirty Dozen Cosmetic Chemicals
EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics
Éminence Organic Skin Care*
Consonant All Natural Skin Care*
Redmond Clay Powder*
Schaf Skin Care*
Skin Essence Organics
Rahua Amazon Beauty*
Live Live Sun Lotion with MSM (Marni remembered the name)
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Share using the buttons below.