On this week’s show, we are speaking with transformation health expert, Alex Jamieson. You may remember her from the Oscar-nominated documentary, Super Size Me. She co-created and co-starred in this film.
More recently, Alex published the #1 bestselling book, Women, Food, and Desire. This powerful book dares us to face our cravings head-on with the end goal of living full, meaningful, and joyful life. She is the host of the popular health podcast, The Crave Cast.
Alex has appeared on Oprah, CNN, Fox News and a host of other top media outlets.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Alex’s early years and her addiction to sugar
- Super Size Me, getting sick on McDonald’s food
- BIG health changes take time
- When it comes to diet, you need to listen to your body
- Coming out as no longer vegan
- Cravings are a request from your body
- Deciphering between cravings and hunger
- The emotional connection women have with food
- The human body needs physical pleasure and touch to thrive
- Men also have emotional food cravings and addictions just on a smaller scale
- A healthy diet leads to less cravings
- The 4 root causes of cravings
- To be human is to crave
- Sugar = decreased testosterone which kills libido
- Low carb diets can cause insomnia
- Getting women more comfortable in their own skin
- Having fun in your body
- Bye bye fad diets and eating more intuitively
- We mirror the people that surround us
- Calm inflammation in your body by removing 6 foods
- Your gut health is the seat of your health
- Is it terrible to eat before bed?
- Masturbation and sex feeds your body and your life
Links to things we mentioned:
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)
Alex Jamieson’s website
Alex Jamieson – Women, Food, and Desire (book)
Alex’s cravings chart
Alex Jamieson – The Great American Detox Diet (book)
Alex Jamieson – Vegan Cooking For Dummies (book)
Alex Jamieson – Living Vegan For Dummies (book)
Alex Jamieson – The Crave Cast (podcast)
Natural Gourmet Institute
Super Size Me (documentary)
John Robbins – Diet For A New America (book)
Dan Savage – Savage Lovecast (podcast)
abc kitchen (restaurant)
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.