On this week’s show, we are featuring one of Canada’s most outspoken obesity experts, Dr. Yoni Freedhoff. He is an assistant professor of family medicine at the University of Ottawa. Yoni is the author of The Diet Fix and he writes regularly for his award-winning blog, Weighty Matters.
In this episode, we discuss:
- When it comes to corruption in the food marketplace we need to stop blaming the food industry
- Changes in the food industry can’t happen fast
- Is the internet helping or hindering positive changes?
- We still have a lot to learn when it comes to nutrition
- Confusing customers with food labels
- Eating healthy distilled down into one simple rule
- BMI isn’t a useful tool
- Learn how to calculate your “best weight”
- Chocolate milk has double the calories and 20% more sugar than Coca-Cola
- Managing childhood obesity
- Exercise makes you healthy, not skinny
- There isn’t one perfect diet for everyone
- Cheat days are not the answer
- Food is not just calories, it provides the building blocks for our bodies
- Staying ahead of food cravings and hunger
- Yoni’s morning routine, including breakfast
- Embracing imperfection
Links to things we mentioned:
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)
Weighty Matters – Dr. Yoni Freedhoff’s blog
Dr. Yoni Freedhoff – The Diet Fix (book)
World’s Most Dangerous Piece of Cake (Yoni’s blog post)
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.